cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase pre-approval in chase credit journey.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pre-approval in chase credit journey.

Does the pre-approval in chase credit journey bypass 5-24? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase pre-approval in chase credit journey.

From what I've read, no. Unless there's new DPs that point to the contrary. Recently, most DPs point to the green checkmark (if available) through your online account.

Other DPs suggest the branch method as well, but YEMV.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would certainly look for the green checkmarks under your account.  I wouldn't trust that Credit Journey.

Message 3 of 18
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Most DPs flying around suggest no, it does not bypass 5/24 but my DW got instantly approved via their Credit Journey prequal with a stated APR (17.49%) early this month. I only had to fill in income when I clicked on Apply now. They pulled her EX (5/24) and TU (4/24) during app. She actually got the stated APR with a very nice SL. To think Chase got burned in 2011 via CO for about $2K.
If you don’t mind the possible double pull then why not try and app? You’ll never know unless you try. Smiley Happy
Please Report back for an update in case you decide to app.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone who replied. I decided to pull the trigger on it. I really didn't want to because I'm buying a new car in a month or so and i'm at like 8/24 but the $300 sign on bonus on $500 in spending for the freedom unlimited in my prequalified offers sounded really nice and I think 1 inq ain't gonna hurt me for a car loan.So anyway I got approved $3400 Sl. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 18
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone who replied. I decided to pull the trigger on it. I really didn't want to because I'm buying a new car in a month or so and i'm at like 8/24 but the $300 sign on bonus on $500 in spending for the freedom unlimited in my prequalified offers sounded really nice and I think 1 inq ain't gonna hurt me for a car loan.So anyway I got approved $3400 Sl. 

Sweeeeet!!

Congrats!! I knew it! I just had that feeling...

I guess we'll have to pay more attention on this Chase Journey prequals now as it "might possibly" be a start of a new DP on Chase's 5/24 override? 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it does appear that Credit Journey bypasses 5/24.  There is really no other way to explain it.  So OP, you had no green checkmarks at all?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a green checkmark, I had the freedom unlimited, slate and saphire preffered in there about a month ago and then the slate and F.U. disappeared and it was only the saphire preffered with the green check mark then about a 2 weeks ago it added the saphire reserve in the green check mark, Then the preffered disappeared and it was only the reserve. And today I accidentially clicked on the check your credit link when I was checking my account because my due date is tommorow and I wanted to make sure I already made my payment and I happened to see the pre-qualified offers in the credit journey. But why they disappeared from the green checkmark your offers is a mystery to me lol.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked Credit Journey and I found 3 offers....all with solid APRs.  What is odd about this is even though my Vantage scores are lower than my true FICOs, my prequalified offers have a 2% lower APR than the ones that have the green checkmarks.  Most notably, the offers from Credit Journey do not have the CSR listed but my green checkmarks do.

Chase vantage.JPGChase offers.JPG

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.