Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase "You're Prequalified" Black Label/White Star Validity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase "You're Prequalified" Black Label/White Star Validity

Instant approval on the Amazon with a $5000 SL. Not to mention, from anecdotal reading on here and other places, the two weeks notice on the status line is generally seen as a good thing. I'll at least wait for the letter in the mail before trying to reinstate. Maybe there's something else that spooked them.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

One final update after a few days now:

Letter for the Amazon closure arrived along with a denial notice for the CSP in my notices for the Chase account. Both listed the age of revolving accounts and insufficient credit information. Calling them yielded a response that because I’ve had student loans, auto loans, and other installments for years, but no revolving credit, and suddenly ratcheted up to 3-4 new cards in the past 12 months it raised major red flags with them. I tried explaining that I’d always been on time on those loans and the lack of revolving info was because I’d always paid cash/debit for everything and now was looking to diversify my credit profile. CSP recon was denied and reinstatement for the Amazon was “you’ll get a letter in the mail”, which I assume means they’ll remain closed. So, I’ll just modify an old quote about computers to summarize this Chase lesson and how it is never possible to tread too lightly with them:

“Chase is like an ancient god. Lots of rules and no mercy.”
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the denial on your CSP being final. That and the closure of your Amazon Prime. We somehow had similar scenarios. But I guess I was a bit lucky to have been able to keep my CFU open. It was indeed a learning experience. But i'm sure in a year or so, you can always re-apply for these cards again. 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better to find out how unreliable Chase is now than later. Sucks that the accounts are gone but do you really want to do business with them if they’re going to treat you like a criminal anyway?

Message 24 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

While whatever happened to OP is certainly unfortunate and hard to explain because none of us participated in approval of closure process, most Chase customers are not treated like criminals nor is it in their interest to treat their customers as such. 

If that was the case, 95% of our members here would not have a single Chase card. 

Besides, Chase is no more hyper reactive than Synchrony or Amex and yet that does not seem to stop people from applying either. 

Message 25 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

While whatever happened to OP is certainly unfortunate and hard to explain because none of us participated in approval of closure process, most Chase customers are not treated like criminals nor is it in their interest to treat their customers as such. 

If that was the case, 95% of our members here would not have a single Chase card. 

Besides, Chase is no more hyper reactive than Synchrony or Amex and yet that does not seem to stop people from applying either. 

+1

Since the OP mentioned in his last post that it was his final update the thread is now closed to new messages.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.