cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase recon denied by senior analyst...NO PATTERN OF POSITIVE HISTORY SINCE BK!!!!

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

Chase recon denied by senior analyst...NO PATTERN OF POSITIVE HISTORY SINCE BK!!!!

Well, I called back today after composing myself and with some better ammo.   A senior analyst again denied me stating my BK w/ Chase, that's ten years old.  2 delinquent payments OVER 5 years ago and 2 medical collections.  She states 3 different times that Chase cannot 'see a pattern of positive history since your BK'!  Are you kidding me.  I have 5 other CCs.  They ONLY focused on the negatives, as stated above.  My positives: solid job; 7 year car payments; no lates in 4 years in anything; NO HPs in over a year in preparation for this card; scores EQ 722, EX 742, TU 726.  BK 10 years old THIS YEAR.  1% utililization reporting.  14 year history.  22 open accounts.  revolving, auto, school loans.  I'm so ticked right now.  For them to say I've essentially done NOTHING to prove myself since BK is so frustrating.  I like to consider myself a credit guru after my own homework and this site in particular.  She was like a robot, just reading the same statment about no pattern of positive blah, blah, blah.  I believe the 10,000 IIB with them is prob the biggest factor.  BUT, this was years before Chase acquired whatever company I BK'd.  2 medical collections refuse to PFD, so I'm done with them.  I can't believe i wasted 2 HP for these people.  Is there a way to remove the HPs since they were for naught?  Well........I won't call back by phone.  Some of you may be more persistent but after today's call, I KNOW that they just read their robot statements and what the previous person in the organization has already stated.  Would going the EO route by a hand typed letter be worth a shot?   I've busted my &ss gettting my credit where it is now.  If Chase doesn't want a relationship or my money, maybe I'll just go close my 2 month old checking acct. as well.  Chase can go pound sand.  Have a good weekend y'all! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase recon denied by senior analyst...NO PATTERN OF POSITIVE HISTORY SINCE BK!!!!

No there is no way to remove the HPs since they are legitimate. Surprised you weren't blacklisted since you included them in your BK. To be fair though and see it from Chases' eyes having any baddies on a report could deter any lender. Have you tried contacting the collection agency to see if they would delete them? As for the EO route you could try but personally I don't think their EO is very good. That's just my opinion though. I like their regular customer service better.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase recon denied by senior analyst...NO PATTERN OF POSITIVE HISTORY SINCE BK!!!!

Ya the BK was awhile ago, but if chase is seeing medical collections/co's since the BK, then they are seeing a possible risk to be in all fairness.  Your scores are good, but if it is what is in the credit profile that matters.  They will approve people with Collections or chargeoffs without a BK I am proof, but the BK probably put them over the edge, especially since you included them in it or a company that they bought out.. Got to look through their eyes.  Sorry to hear about the denial.

Also did you offer to pay Chase back the money your burnt them in the BK assuming it was Chap 7?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense but you had continued delinquents even after the BK (which included Chase).

The BK alone will make it very hard to get back in with Chase as they have a very long memory.

Their job is to mitigate risk and the positives to them don't outweight the the bass that are on your account. Yes things have picked up and you are doing much better but you are not entitled to a Chase card, especially with your history with them, 10 years ago or not.

I suggest dropping it and just focusing on other banks that will let you in.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.