Did you mean: 

Chase reopened my account!

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase reopened my account!

@Anonymous wrote:

@kmacqua wrote:
But since it's a FAKO, it doesn't even really matter.

Pretty much this.

This is it, right here.

Yup. Just a daily brain teaser.

Message 11 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kmacqua wrote:

I checked my 3-in-1 report today and Equifax is now reporting the Chase account as open.  The other two are still reporting it as closed and with last month's balance; I expect that will update in the coming days.

Interestingly, I didn't see a bump in my Equifax FAKO.  Maybe they were already including the closed credit line in the calculation of my util rate? Maybe they weren't including the closed account at all in calculating my util rate and now that they are, the addition of the balance in the numerator and of the credit line in the denominator offset?  Maybe the estimation of the FAKO is lagged a day or two?  Mysteries of credit scoring continue... But since it's a FAKO, it doesn't even really matter.

Absolutely they are including this in your ultilatization..  I have this exact same scenario closed CC with balance that is being calculated into my utilization.  Get the balance down and see your score go up!

Message 12 of 38
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Yes, along with updating the account from closed to open, Equifax updated the balance (about 1/3 lower).  Curiouser and curiouser.  I'm going to wait until TU updates their reporting, since I have access to my true TU FICO.  The rest is just guesswork.

Message 13 of 38
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Today both Experian and Equifax are reporting the updated information.  C'mon Transunion!  You're the one that shows me my true score.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kmacqua wrote:

Today both Experian and Equifax are reporting the updated information.  C'mon Transunion!  You're the one that shows me my true score.

How so?

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! You are back in. Take care of Chase and it appears they are ready to care for you!
Message 16 of 38
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Nixon wrote:

kmacqua wrote:

How so?

I get my TU FICO 08 through a credit card with Barclay's.  I also get all 3 FAKOs from EIDT.

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kmacqua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kmacqua wrote:

How so?

I get my TU FICO 08 through a credit card with Barclay's.  I also get all 3 FAKOs from EIDT.

Ohhhhhhh!

I see.

Message 18 of 38
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. This is good information.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was debating on doing this myself with my Chase Slate account with CL of 1500... they closed it in uhh feb or march with a balance until now which is at 800. Prob gonna wait until im at llike 100

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.