Not applicable

Chase sapphire preferred approval odds

I'd love to get the CSP but not sure if I'll get approved. Here are some DPs:

AoOA 13 years
AAoA 6.5 years
AoYA 5 months
EQ fico 8 711 EX 708 TU 731
BC enhanced EQ 730 EX 733 TU 739

I have a CO card account that is paid and 6.5 years old and a CO unsecured loan from NF 6.5 years old that is paid. I did a pay for delete on the CC but it hasnt came off my reports yet. I have old CC that are reporting 100% pay history 7-10 years ago. Then the charged off account then nothing until 7 months ago for CCs. Currently sitting at AZEO with 2% util. Have 3 cards. 1 7 months old and 2 5 months old. I have a 7 month old auto loan a 0% interest for 1 year that is at $600 left of 3800 and a 2 year old loan that is at 24% left (furniture loan I got just to start my credit rebuild).

I know chase pulls EX and TU. I know my scores are in range but I'm afraid the old CO and the length of recent credit might scare em off. However I've read that chase likes thin files and maybe mine might fit their liking. What yall think?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase sapphire preferred approval odds

I should also mention I have a 6 figure income and travel quite a lot for work. Which is why I really want it. Plus I'm about to go to florida for a couple months next month. So it would be nice to get those travel points.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening @LDennis,

I wish I could give you a definite answer but I cannot.  There are many experts here who will guide you but IMO, you probably won't know until you apply.

What I can tell you is I just got back in with Chase CC's in the early summer and a little over two weeks ago was also approved for the CSP.  I kept checking for prequals and in branch approvals at Chase for the CSP but to no avail.  I ended up pulling the trigger online and was eventually approved.

Now with that being said, I did already have a Chase auto loan, but I knew my Chase internal score from my CFU card I received in June.  My recommendation would be to sign up for Chase Credit Journey and see if you have any offers.

Thats all I have for you but you are in the right place as the experts who guided me and helped me will surely chime in.

Best of luck in your pursuit of CSP!!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I see they gave you a nice SL as well. Congrats! I do have a 4 month old checking and savings account there and have checked prequals with nothing showing. I only have my VA benefits deposited there and my income deposited at my old bank. I just opened the account to hopefully build a relationship with them if that helps at all. Doubtful knowing chase.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, what are the limits of your current (3) cards?

I believe the CSP minimum approval SL is $5000, so where your current limits stand could play a role in approval.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the greatest. $1200, $500, and $300. I am an AU on a $2500 citi card, but for whatever reason it only shows on Equifax.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be a bit cautious about apping personally, as the CSP would have to yield a SL of at least 2X what you've currently got.  They could take a chance with you, but could just as easily pass.

In terms of odds, I'd say 50/50.

Message 7 of 24
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be a bit cautious about apping personally, as the CSP would have to yield a SL of at least 2X what you've currently got.  They could take a chance with you, but could just as easily pass.

In terms of odds, I'd say 50/50.

+1 - Your scores aren't bad but you have taken out recent credit. The perfect profile is like $10K total credit under your belt with no new credit for a year for that or the CSR, I believe. But CSP supposedly has slightly lower standards than the CSR so you might get it? Def not a sure thing, though.

AU

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it help at all that I had credit cards in the past over 10k limit? They were paid and closed by me. Or would they only look at what is currently active?
Message 9 of 24
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I had lower scores and 2 collections a 30 day late a couple of negative remarks on accounts all 6-6.5 years old and was approved, personally I think you have a shot I just don’t know how good of one you may have.

Is there any harm in waiting another 6 months so more baddies can age off? That would definitely improve your chances I would think....

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.