Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice Privileges Visa Card Offer

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Choice Privileges Visa Card Offer

I just recently got a email offer from Choice Hotels to apply for their Visa card...I'm a regular user and club member of the chain, along with Hilton.

The usual question is what difficulty is in scoring the card? I do have high UTI right now, but be lower in a month.

Data Points- 609EQ 622TU 617EX...1 inquiry, but 2 collection reporting [in dispute, one is on EQ for 145$ tmobile, other is all 3 from fingerhut for $31

Aaoa is about 4 years, and total credit is 4k across 4 cards, with a installment from Carecredit almost paid off for 500$
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Choice Privileges Visa Card Offer

Well, we're talking about Barclays UW so Smiley Wink

My suggestion is to get that utilization % down (what is it currently?), then check to see if any FICO score improvements occur.  What's the source of those scores btw?  How far are you in the dispute process?  Will those items be resolved anytime soon?  Barclays is primarily a TU puller (and can soft EX as well).

Message 2 of 5
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

All scores are from myFICO, so I'm pretty sure they're okay...lol.

Right now I maxed put the cards for this quarter so its definitely in the 90% range...by next week first of next month, it should be down to about 25%. Dispute with the collections should actually be resolved in less than 21 days with tmobile, Fingerhut might be a bit harder, because I paid it off before going dormant.

Barclays, huh? Never had much luck with apping their products, so this is probably a good sign..lol

I needed a good hotel chain card because of travel and the odd trip out of country, so where I stay is more important than airline miles...IF I had to choose, I'd rather wait until I get around 650 and app for the Amex Hilton base card; heck I'd go for a higher tier Hilton card with a AF, if it got me in good with Amex!
Message 3 of 5
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@comebackkid15 wrote:
I needed a good hotel chain card because of travel and the odd trip out of country, so where I stay is more important than airline miles...IF I had to choose, I'd rather wait until I get around 650 and app for the Amex Hilton base card; heck I'd go for a higher tier Hilton card with a AF, if it got me in good with Amex!

That sounds like a better plan than wasting a HP on Barclays quirkiness.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we are talking about the same card I am thinking of then I would get everything in the positive. Disputing it does not remove it from the credit file.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.