Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Advantage - Pre-selected

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Citi AA Advantage - Pre-selected

I received a pre-selected to apply offfer for the Citi AA Advantage card. I'm not a fan of AA however, I do want to build a relationship with Citi but not with that particular product.

Should I just app for a better card that will be more useful? Not sure that the underwriting criteria is for this paticular product. Thinking I can qualify for the Costco card as I shop there regularly. 

TIA!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AA Advantage - Pre-selected

@WhiteCollar wrote:

I received a pre-selected to apply offfer for the Citi AA Advantage card. I'm not a fan of AA however, I do want to build a relationship with Citi but not with that particular product.

Should I just app for a better card that will be more useful? Not sure that the underwriting criteria is for this paticular product. Thinking I can qualify for the Costco card as I shop there regularly. 

TIA!

1. Pre-selected is not like preapproved. It's just marketing.

2. I believe the underwriting is less stringent, but I think it would be a mistake to get an airline card that you don't really need.

3. I can't say whether you should apply for anything else, because you haven't given us any information on your current credit profile, and on what you would want in a new card.

4. Your being a frequent customer at Costco  would not help you in terms of underwriting for the Costco card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@WhiteCollar wrote:

TIA!

1. Pre-selected is not like preapproved. It's just marketing.

2. I believe the underwriting is less stringent, but I think it would be a mistake to get an airline card that you don't really need.

3. I can't say whether you should apply for anything else, because you haven't given us any information on your current credit profile, and on what you would want in a new card.

4. Your being a frequent customer at Costco  would not help you in terms of underwriting for the Costco card.

I second this whole hearitly.

Message 3 of 5
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I agree with the previous post have said but also let's look at it from a different Lens, "If" you are wanting to get in the door with "Citi" - me personally I definitely apply and hope for a good approval, even if you don't travel as bunch the sign up bonus miles is still worth something, but more importantly you in the door and then you can apply for other Citi, after you show them a good history. 
I got in with AA and then 60 days later approved for Costco.

Again, please keep in mind, this is just my opinion. 

Message 4 of 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Thank you all. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.