Did you mean: 

Citi AA Platinum Select Approval odds

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Easiest Citi Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm debating between Citi Costco and Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select - which is easier to get approved for? Fico 707, uti 14%, a few paid charge-offs that are around 6-7 years old, paid off student loans, and multiple paid off car loans and current credit cards. 

Hi and welcome

What are other DPs?

UT on each card

AAOA, AOYA

Inqs in last 3/6/12 mos

All 3 FICO scores

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No card more than 30% uti, average age about 3 years, 0 inquires last 3 months, 1 last 6, and 3 last 12. 

fico 08 experian 707, Equifax 705, transunion 710, but they only pull experian, so 707. 

I was declined for the costo card recently when my score was 694 and uti 30%, but now it's 707 and 14%. 

I have a few paid charge offs that are between 6-7 years old also.. 

thanks 

Message 12 of 20
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No card more than 30% uti, average age about 3 years, 0 inquires last 3 months, 1 last 6, and 3 last 12. 

fico 08 experian 707, Equifax 705, transunion 710, but they only pull experian, so 707. 

I was declined for the costo card recently when my score was 694 and uti 30%, but now it's 707 and 14%. 

thanks 

What was the denial reason from Citi? How recent was this?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A month ago. Too low scoring on their score system and too high utilization. 

So I don't know if an extra 13 points and 16% less utilization would make the difference.. 

and it depends if the AA advantage card is easier to get than the Costco card.. 

Message 14 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks 

Keep in mind, while they may only HP one credit bureau, they will usually soft pull a second bureau.

Message 15 of 20
Alucard
New Contributor

The  Costco card was definitely the easiest for me to get and with a nice initial credit limit, however they have been a beast to try and get a CLI. 

Message 16 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks 

IMHO, the UT is still too high, and especially so if more than half your cards are 30%. Get those cards to <8.9% because it really doesnt matter which card is the easiest to get if the foundation of your holdings is still not solid and especially in this climate where lenders have tightened their belts. Of course, this is JMO

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 2 cards close to 30%. Everything else is either 0 or close to 0. My uti just updated again and now it's 11%. But score is still 707. 

Message 18 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have 2 cards close to 30%. Everything else is either 0 or close to 0. My uti just updated again and now it's 11%. But score is still 707. 

If you need it now, the worst you have to lose is another HP (possibly 2).  You would likely gain some points getting down under 10%, but until those chargeoffs are gone it's always going to be a bit of a gamble.

It does seem that the Costco card may have looser underwriting than the AA card.  Do you fly AA much (or planning to)?  There may be other options if your goal for that is to book award flights on AA or partners.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do fly with AA. I have the Barclays Aviator card as well, but I still do want the Citi AAdvantage card, especially since it has a few unique benefits and also because of the SUB. However, I'm not in any rush to get it, as I still have a decent amount of miles with AA. My goal is to get back in with Citi and develop that relationship, so I need whatever card is easiest to get me through that door, and then I could get other Citi cards in the future when I build history. 

I know Citi retails cards are easiest, and I was pre-approved for the home depot card at the lowsst apr, but I heard that Citi retail and Citi legacy is run separately, so I'd rather get in on any card from Citi legacy. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.