cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - AA Platinum Select MC - Mailer

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Citi - AA Platinum Select MC - Mailer

Hi All - received a mailer today with an invite to apply for the AA Platinum Select, 50k signup bonus.

The Citi pre-qual site does not pull up any offers when I enter my details from scratch, but when I do the “respond to a mailed offer” route and enter the invitation code and my last name, the offer pulls up and it even shows a specific interest rate in the terms, 22% (as opposed to a range of interest rates, 18-26% from the main site).

Is this simliar to being pre qualified or should I not chalk it up to much? Not in desperate need of a new card, and waiting for my CFU (which was just approved about a week ago) to formally post to the CBs and should help out a bit with util and further raise my scores. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the differences!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi - AA Platinum Select MC - Mailer

Sounds like a solid offer.  If you're pre-approved somewhere on it there should be mention of OPTOUT inside a rectangular box. Either way it sounds targeted since it's not coming up with the pre-qual box but, it could also just be marketing since the pre-qual page like Chase wouldn't pull up a co-brand card either.  Only way to know for sure would be to apply.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 2 of 4

@jer2305 wrote:

Hi All - received a mailer today with an invite to apply for the AA Platinum Select, 50k signup bonus.

The Citi pre-qual site does not pull up any offers when I enter my details from scratch, but when I do the “respond to a mailed offer” route and enter the invitation code and my last name, the offer pulls up and it even shows a specific interest rate in the terms, 22% (as opposed to a range of interest rates, 18-26% from the main site).

Is this simliar to being pre qualified or should I not chalk it up to much? Not in desperate need of a new card, and waiting for my CFU (which was just approved about a week ago) to formally post to the CBs and should help out a bit with util and further raise my scores. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the differences!

Thanks!

The mailer you received is not a pre-qualified or pre-approved offer, unfortunately.  It is simply a marketing solicitation inviting you to apply which will include the opt-out language much like any of the pre-qualified/pre-approved offers as well as the 'set' no-spread APR.  However, that being said, if your profile is optimal or can support the application, you can certainly roll the dice to see what it yields. 

Message 3 of 4
Frequent Contributor

Go incognito and search the web a bit. There's a recent post on here of someone getting a Citi AA 60K sub. See if that's availble if you are still intereted in the AA Citi card.

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.