Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage UW

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Citi AAdvantage UW

Anyone have any experience with the UW on the AAdvantage Plat Select card? Thinking about apping in 3 months or so. Bankcard scores are 710-690 with EQ having the highest score and lowest inquiries (3 in the last year 1 of which will fall off by then). I do have two 6+ year old derogs still showing. Thoughts?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AAdvantage UW

You should be fine for that card with around 690-710 scores... They will probably double hit you with Exp/Eq.. The old baddie should be aged long enough to be good... I have some old baddies falling off Oct/Nov this year and have been approved for many citi cards over a year+ ago scores for first ones were around 700 as well

Are your derogs lates or CO/CA's if CO/CAs's are they paid (as this does appear to make a difference with Citi as well)

Message 2 of 16
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks. They've been handing out some crazy limits lately. One old baddie was a store card they had but it's been paid and they pre-approved for HD so they can't have me blacklisted.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 16
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the UW on the AAdvantage Plat Select card? Thinking about apping in 3 months or so. Bankcard scores are 710-690 with EQ having the highest score and lowest inquiries (3 in the last year 1 of which will fall off by then). I do have two 6+ year old derogs still showing. Thoughts?

I think you’ll be fine even if you decide to app now with your profile. Case in point, I burned them big time in my BK7 dc in 01/2011. Feb of this year they approved me instantly with $11K SL. Score during app was 766 EQ Bancard8 with 0 HP and TL the prior 12 months. I just really had to look my best on that app due to that IIB reason otherwise it shouldn’t be that stringent.

Best of Luck and keep us posted!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 16
Caught750
Valued Contributor

It'll probably be Oct/Nov but I definitely will. Just trying to get a game plan together. I'll be in purgatory for a year and a half after that spree for a mortgage so I want to add to my TCL
and grab some cards that will be useful. Don't want to sit there like wellllll crap I should have added this or that and now I can't. I'm considering the AA card, Amex EDP, and US Bank Cash+. One of them may change, as well as timing, if I'm lucky enough to get a green checkmark offer.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 16
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Just to update, I've done alot of checking and AA has significantly better flights to the next two destinations out of Philly than Delta does. This card is on the list for November or so when I have no new TLs/HPs SHOWING for 6 months. Bankcard scores are climbing and are 695-715 at the moment with EQ/EX being the highest. I've been good for 3 months now so almost there.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 6 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I don't recall exactly but I think I got my AAdvantage card about 4 years ago.  Back then my scores were probably in the 640 range so, you should have no issues getting approved in my view.  Good luck!  This was one of my favorite cards due to traveling alot and always getting the priority boarding definitely served me well over the years.

Message 7 of 16
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the DP. It baffles me that Citi approves people with paid COs from them. I know it happens and they pre approved a retail card, which is what I burnt them on. I'm very hesitant when it comes to this app but we will see I guess.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 8 of 16
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I did sign up for AAdvantage through AA in hopes of pulling a pre approved mailer though. At the very least I won't need to wait for an AA number IF I get approved.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 9 of 16
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

I believe the current 60K Miles SUB is only good through 9/19 if that makes a difference.
FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.