Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi App 7-10 Day Message

tag
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Citi App 7-10 Day Message

Hello again everyone. I was recently approved for the Citi Rewards + card, and I chose to apply for the Custom Cash ten days later. I got the 7-10 day message. I am hoping to get approved because it will make me more comfortable closing out my rebuilders without causing a spike in my utilization. I researched this on here and it looks like the 7-10 day message is not necessarily a denial as it is with other creditors. What do you think?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi App 7-10 Day Message

It can go in either direction, tbh. 

What was the SL for Citi Rewards+? Aside from the latter, how many inquiries and/or new tradelines opened in the past 6 or 12 months? FICO score in good range?

You can always check the status online or through the automated system IIRC. Fingers-crossed that it works out for you🤞

Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

What was the SL for Citi Rewards+? Aside from the latter, how many inquiries and/or new tradelines opened in the past 6 or 12 months? FICO score in good range?

You can always check the status online or through the automated system IIRC. Fingers-crossed that it works out for you🤞

Keep us posted.

My sl for the Cit Rewards + is $3,300. I have a lot of inquiries, many of which are from late 2021.  Citi pulled Equifax only, which only had two inquiries. Now it has four because they pulled it for both cards I applied for. Not too bad.  As for recent cards and tradelines, I have 2 Amex, 1 store card, 1 loan, and 1 personal line of credit. My scores are good, in the 680-695 range. As for the status, I tried to check it through the app but it doesn't show. I didn't apply through the app, though. I applied on the website. I don't remember if I was logged in at the time.  

My concern is that they may think I'm trying to churn rewards, which isn't true. I'm hoping that I can speak with a rep to explain my reason for applying for a second card so soon. 

I logged in to the website, and I don't see where to find the pending application. 

Message 3 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Call the number in the sticky believe last one can speak with US Based rep.  Best of luck

Message 4 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Call the number in the sticky believe last one can speak with US Based rep.  Best of luck

Thank you, where do I find that?

Message 5 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thank you, where do I find that?

@shalimarcat,

You can find the # [here]

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Keep us posted.

My sl for the Cit Rewards + is $3,300. I have a lot of inquiries, many of which are from late 2021.  Citi pulled Equifax only, which only had two inquiries. Now it has four because they pulled it for both cards I applied for. Not too bad.  As for recent cards and tradelines, I have 2 Amex, 1 store card, 1 loan, and 1 personal line of credit. My scores are good, in the 680-695 range. As for the status, I tried to check it through the app but it doesn't show. I didn't apply through the app, though. I applied on the website. I don't remember if I was logged in at the time.  

My concern is that they may think I'm trying to churn rewards, which isn't true. I'm hoping that I can speak with a rep to explain my reason for applying for a second card so soon. 

I logged in to the website, and I don't see where to find the pending application. 

Just keep in mind that algorithms are the deciding engine of the application, not an agent. Even if you speak with a frontline agent, they're not empowered to overturn the decision if the application is denied.

This could be one of those 50/50 situations based on what you've shared above.

Message 7 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Keep us posted.

Just keep in mind that algorithms are the deciding engine of the application, not an agent. Even if you speak with a frontline agent, they're not empowered to overturn the decision if the application is denied.

Then how come others have reported that, after speaking with a rep, they were approved? For instance, some were borderline and the rep had to verify their income?

Message 8 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Keep us posted.

Then how come others have reported that, after speaking with a rep, they were approved? For instance, some were borderline and the rep had to verify their income?

That is usually when a declined application is referred to the underwriting department for a re-review or reconsideration. It really depends on why an application was denied and it's profile-specific. Some are reconsidered, but not all of them. I would temper expectations depending on the outcome.

Message 9 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

I called the phone number on the sticky for this forum. A really nice rep said that a letter had been mailed out on the 30th. He said that, when I get it, to follow the instructions. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.