Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi App 7-10 Day Message

tag
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi App 7-10 Day Message

@shalimarcat wrote:

I called the phone number on the sticky for this forum. A really nice rep said that a letter had been mailed out on the 30th. He said that, when I get it, to follow the instructions. 

That sounds promising. Maybe they just need you to verify your income. If it were an outright denial, there would be no instructions, aside from telling you to order your credit report.

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 11 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I called the phone number on the sticky for this forum. A really nice rep said that a letter had been mailed out on the 30th. He said that, when I get it, to follow the instructions. 

That sounds promising. Maybe they just need you to verify your income. If it were an outright denial, there would be no instructions, aside from telling you to order your credit report.

That's what I thought. How do I verify my income to them?

Message 12 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

That's what I thought. How do I verify my income to them?

Different card issuers have different requirements. For example, Amex has you fill out and upload a 4506-C that enables them to receive your tax transcript from the IRS. I have heard of other financial institutions requiring pay stubs or W-2s.

American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 13 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shalimarcat wrote:

I don't think it's income verification, but anything is possible. I'm leaning toward additional ID verification since you've recently obtained another Citi card in the past few weeks.

Keep us posted once you receive the letter.

Message 14 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I don't think it's income verification, but anything is possible. I'm leaning toward additional ID verification since you've recently obtained another Citi card in the past few weeks.

So I received the letter today, and it's a request for a 4506-C tax form. It has some complicated instructions for how to complete it. My primary concern is the tax form doesn't reflect my current income- I switched careers last February and my income increased. When I applied I listed my current income. I hope they don't think that I was dishonest.

Message 15 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

So I received the letter today, and it's a request for a 4506-C tax form. It has some complicated instructions for how to complete it. My primary concern is the tax form doesn't reflect my current income- I switched careers last February and my income increased. When I applied I listed my current income. I hope they don't think that I was dishonest.

@shalimarcat  I WAS CORRECT. 😊. This is also what Amex uses for INCOME VERIFICATION. Thanks for following up. Good luck! 

Message 16 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@shalimarcat  I WAS CORRECT. 😊. This is also what Amex uses for INCOME VERIFICATION. Thanks for following up. Good luck! 

Do you think the difference in the income amounts will alarm them?

Message 17 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I guess it depends on how much of a difference. When I submitted my 4506-C, I had yet to do my 2021 taxes, I put down the amount from my final 2021 paycheck on the app. My 4506-C from 2020 showed me earning $20K less than 2021. Amex approved me. 

I'm rooting for you! It's actually a good sign that they are asking for income verification rather than just denying you. 

Sending good thoughts your way!

Message 18 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I guess it depends on how much of a difference. When I submitted my 4506-C, I had yet to do my 2021 taxes, I put down the amount from my final 2021 paycheck on the app. My 4506-C from 2020 showed me earning $20K less than 2021. Amex approved me. 

I'm rooting for you! It's actually a good sign that they are asking for income verification rather than just denying you. 

Sending good thoughts your way!

Thanks for the reply, The difference is only about $4 to 5G. I completed. the form and mailed it today. I think you're right that, if they intended to deny my application, they would've done that immediately. This is a good sign that they want to approve me, but need to complete the documentation. I also wonder if it's a consumer fraud issue. I used to work in banking, and most consumer fraud happens within the first six months of account opening. ( I once caught someone committing fraud and alerted the fraud dept and the person's acct was shut down that same day.)

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Message 19 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

Thanks for the reply, The difference is only about $4 to 5G. I completed. the form and mailed it today. I think you're right that, if they intended to deny my application, they would've done that immediately. This is a good sign that they want to approve me, but need to complete the documentation. I also wonder if it's a consumer fraud issue. I used to work in banking, and most consumer fraud happens within the first six months of account opening. ( I once caught someone committing fraud and alerted the fraud dept and the person's acct was shut down that same day.)

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Absolutely a good sign. 

Did Citi give you the upload option? Amex orders the upload or mail option. One issue with the upload option that I learned about when I submitted my 4506-C to Amex was that the processing software often cannot read an electronic signature and kicks it back as illegible. Amex also sent me the form to return via snail mail which I thought would be faster....which turned out not to be the case as the software kept kicking back my electronic signature. What I ended up doing was complete the form online; print it out; sign it with a wet signature; scan it and then upload it. I see you said that you used snail mail. That resolves the wet signature issue. I suggest calling in ever few days beginning next Tuesday to track its progress.

The 4506-C Is actually processed by a third-party processor. Amex uses Equifax. There are other third party processors including Veri-tax and TRV Services. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.