Did you mean: 

Citi App 7-10 Day Message

tag
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi App 7-10 Day Message

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Absolutely a good sign. 

Did Citi give you the upload option? Amex orders the upload or mail option. One issue with the upload option that I learned about when I submitted my 4506-C to Amex was that the processing software often cannot read an electronic signature and kicks it back as illegible. Amex also sent me the form to return via snail mail which I thought would be faster....which turned out not to be the case as the software kept kicking back my electronic signature. What I ended up doing was complete the form online; print it out; sign it with a wet signature; scan it and then upload it. I see you said that you used snail mail. That resolves the wet signature issue. I suggest calling in ever few days beginning next Tuesday to track its progress.

The 4506-C Is actually processed by a third-party processor. Amex uses Equifax. There are other third party processors including Veri-tax and TRV Services. 

Citi gave me the upload option, but I didn't feel tech savvy enough to submit it that way. From what you said, I saved myself a lot of frustration. As for regular mail being slower, that's debatable.  They sent my Cash Rewards + from St. Louis, and it reached me in only 4 days. I've never received a card in such a short time before.  The request for the tax form was mailed on the 30th and I got it on the 3rd, which isn't bad considering the holiday. I just wonder what will happen now, and, if approved, what my limit will be. This is exciting, for sure.

Message 21 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Absolutely a good sign. 

Did Citi give you the upload option? Amex orders the upload or mail option. One issue with the upload option that I learned about when I submitted my 4506-C to Amex was that the processing software often cannot read an electronic signature and kicks it back as illegible. Amex also sent me the form to return via snail mail which I thought would be faster....which turned out not to be the case as the software kept kicking back my electronic signature. What I ended up doing was complete the form online; print it out; sign it with a wet signature; scan it and then upload it. I see you said that you used snail mail. That resolves the wet signature issue. I suggest calling in ever few days beginning next Tuesday to track its progress.

The 4506-C Is actually processed by a third-party processor. Amex uses Equifax. There are other third party processors including Veri-tax and TRV Services. 

Citi gave me the upload option, but I didn't feel tech savvy enough to submit it that way. From what you said, I saved myself a lot of frustration. As for regular mail being slower, that's debatable.  They sent my Cash Rewards + from St. Louis, and it reached me in only 4 days. I've never received a card in such a short time before.  The request for the tax form was mailed on the 30th and I got it on the 3rd, which isn't bad considering the holiday. I just wonder what will happen now, and, if approved, what my limit will be. This is exciting, for sure.

In the end, you are wiser going with the mail option even though so many of us now do our best avoid USPS, especially in this age of instant (or quick) gratification. By uploading my 4506-C form to Amex instead of using the mail option, I became mired in this seemingly endless loop of trying to get it to go through, In my case, it took longer but I ended up better off because their Exec Offices got involved. 

While it ended well for me, I would probably use the USPS method if ever asked again.

I'm in the garden now, I got my DC exactly two years ago on 1/5/21. I opened rebuilders, and as time passed, I replaced them with the cards in my siggy.  Definitely time to garden. I'll be knocking on Citi's door early 2024. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 22 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

@Jeffster1 wrote:

Absolutely a good sign. 

In the end, you are wiser going with the mail option even though so many of us now do our best avoid USPS, especially in this age of instant (or quick) gratification. By uploading my 4506-C form to Amex instead of using the mail option, I became mired in this seemingly endless loop of trying to get it to go through, In my case, it took longer but I ended up better off because their Exec Offices got involved. 

While it ended well for me, I would probably use the USPS method if ever asked again.

I'm in the garden now, I got my DC exactly two years ago on 1/5/21. I opened rebuilders, and as time passed, I replaced them with the cards in my siggy.  Definitely time to garden. I'll be knocking on Citi's door early 2024. 

I'm in the garden for the entire year. Always good to have a strategy. 

Message 23 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Update: A rep from Citi called me today. She was really nice. She said that I didn't fill out the form correctly and that she's sending me another one. I'm frustrated because tax forms ALWAYS stress me out. I find them confusing. When I get the form, should I call the Citi rep to guide me through it? I don't want to mess up a second time. 

Message 24 of 29
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

Update: A rep from Citi called me today. She was really nice. She said that I didn't fill out the form correctly and that she's sending me another one. I'm frustrated because tax forms ALWAYS stress me out. I find them confusing. When I get the form, should I call the Citi rep to guide me through it? I don't want to mess up a second time. 

I suppose it's worth a try.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I called the phone number on the sticky for this forum. A really nice rep said that a letter had been mailed out on the 30th. He said that, when I get it, to follow the instructions. 

I don't think it's income verification, but anything is possible. I'm leaning toward additional ID verification since you've recently obtained another Citi card in the past few weeks.

Keep us posted once you receive the letter.

I received the second letter for the tax form, since I filled out the first form incorrectly. I filled it out, sent it in, and found out today that my application was declined. I have no idea why, and the rep on the phone didn't know. I have to wait 7-10 days to receive the denial letter. 

I'm confused because my scores are good. I got a notification from Credit Karma that there is a new hard inquiry on my mortgage scoring model, which doesnn't make sense to me since i told them I don't have a mortgage. Why would that be an issue, or a reason for denial?

Message 26 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

I called the phone number on the sticky for this forum. A really nice rep said that a letter had been mailed out on the 30th. He said that, when I get it, to follow the instructions. 

I don't think it's income verification, but anything is possible. I'm leaning toward additional ID verification since you've recently obtained another Citi card in the past few weeks.

I received the second letter for the tax form, since I filled out the first form incorrectly. I filled it out, sent it in, and found out today that my application was declined. I have no idea why, and the rep on the phone didn't know. I have to wait 7-10 days to receive the denial letter. 

I'm confused because my scores are good. I got a notification from Credit Karma that there is a new hard inquiry on my mortgage scoring model, which doesnn't make sense to me since i told them I don't have a mortgage. Why would that be an issue, or a reason for denial?

1.  I don't believe there's such a thing as an inquiry on a scoring model.

2.  CK alerts are often very time delayed.

3.  Sorry your application was declined.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 27 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@shalimarcat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@shalimarcat wrote:

Sounds like my response upthread still stands given the outcome (i.e. 50/50).

It could be any number of things. Potentially, the form still being filled out incorrectly (in their eyes), or if they were able to verify/confirm the 4506-C data, it's possible other factors may have influenced the final decision.

Since the agent wasn't able to provide further details, then you'd have to wait for the letter to confirm the final outcome for the application being denied.

Message 28 of 29
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Only the first form was filled out incoreectly. When I received the second form, I called and verified how to do it correctly. It will be interesting to find out their reasons for the denial. It doesn't hurt me in any way because I have good cards. It's annoying because I had to do a lot more for this application than any other. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.