Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

While they're right about the # of accounts It's the first time I've seen a SP CLI denial from them. I don't have context of how long they're looking at so, for the year of 2019 I'll go w/ 5 new accounts.

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts... I guess it's a waiting game until the end of the year for the next SP.... I guess w/ this denial it wouldn't be a good time to push them to combine the 2 DC cards into one w/ a HP.

Just adding a DP for others as this reason doesn't come up too often around here IIRC

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

I was getting the same message montgs 6-8 after my last citi cli. Month 9 got a $3,000 cli. Just relax a little in the garden (I know patients is hard) and you should get a cli in a few months.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andypanda wrote:

I was getting the same message montgs 6-8 after my last citi cli. Month 9 got a $3,000 cli. Just relax a little in the garden (I know patients is hard) and you should get a cli in a few months.

I'm not worried about it.  Just have a timer set to every 6 months and this one didn't work.  Not a big deal.  I've routinely gotten 2K bumps on the 2 cards I have w/ them for the past couple of years.  I really don't use them all that much other than some off category stuff for the 2% I wouldn't see elsewhere at a higher rate.  They might get 1K/yr spend if that.

Message 3 of 12
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While they're right about the # of accounts It's the first time I've seen a SP CLI denial from them. I don't have context of how long they're looking at so, for the year of 2019 I'll go w/ 5 new accounts.

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts...

Hey! I just got the same message and thought it was strange. Now, I do have 3 new CC and one new PL but what made it more strange was that 2 months ago when my accounts were even younger, I got a CLI on my Citi TYP. I am at 774 and 6/24. So, I guess it will be waiting game on the Citi DC! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Five6Two wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts...

Hey! I just got the same message and thought it was strange. Now, I do have 3 new CC and one new PL but what made it more strange was that 2 months ago when my accounts were even younger, I got a CLI on my Citi TYP. I am at 774 and 6/24. So, I guess it will be waiting game on the Citi DC! 

Well, I guess we might be onto a new trend w/ Citi.  Since their CLI's are spaced out every 6 months it's probably going to take a little while to accumulate DP's of this happening.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update everyone.

So, they  approved for another $2K today.

Other attempt was 7/20 which had the same denial as the too many new accounts.  It hasn't been that long since getting the new accounts though which makes me scratch my head on timing with Citi.  First new accounts were 3/2019  (3) and 4/2019 (2).  It hasn't even been 6 months since the ones in March 

Message 6 of 12
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congrats and Thank You for the DP's

Message 7 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Congrats.......glad that "trend" thing didn't stick around.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Congrats.......glad that "trend" thing didn't stick around.

I've been getting turned down for too many recent inquiries.

Think I will wait until the soft pull credit score updates, and try again.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.