cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

While they're right about the # of accounts It's the first time I've seen a SP CLI denial from them. I don't have context of how long they're looking at so, for the year of 2019 I'll go w/ 5 new accounts.

 

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts... I guess it's a waiting game until the end of the year for the next SP.... I guess w/ this denial it wouldn't be a good time to push them to combine the 2 DC cards into one w/ a HP.

 

Just adding a DP for others as this reason doesn't come up too often around here IIRC

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

I was getting the same message montgs 6-8 after my last citi cli. Month 9 got a $3,000 cli. Just relax a little in the garden (I know patients is hard) and you should get a cli in a few months.

Message 2 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts


@Andypanda wrote:

I was getting the same message montgs 6-8 after my last citi cli. Month 9 got a $3,000 cli. Just relax a little in the garden (I know patients is hard) and you should get a cli in a few months.


I'm not worried about it.  Just have a timer set to every 6 months and this one didn't work.  Not a big deal.  I've routinely gotten 2K bumps on the 2 cards I have w/ them for the past couple of years.  I really don't use them all that much other than some off category stuff for the 2% I wouldn't see elsewhere at a higher rate.  They might get 1K/yr spend if that.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 3 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts


@Obscure-Expert wrote:

While they're right about the # of accounts It's the first time I've seen a SP CLI denial from them. I don't have context of how long they're looking at so, for the year of 2019 I'll go w/ 5 new accounts.

 

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts...


Hey! I just got the same message and thought it was strange. Now, I do have 3 new CC and one new PL but what made it more strange was that 2 months ago when my accounts were even younger, I got a CLI on my Citi TYP. I am at 774 and 6/24. So, I guess it will be waiting game on the Citi DC! 






Message 4 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts


@Five6Two wrote:

@Obscure-Expert wrote:

While they're right about the # of accounts It's the first time I've seen a SP CLI denial from them. I don't have context of how long they're looking at so, for the year of 2019 I'll go w/ 5 new accounts.

 

800+ but, 15/24.  I guess they're being a little tight w/ the new accounts...


Hey! I just got the same message and thought it was strange. Now, I do have 3 new CC and one new PL but what made it more strange was that 2 months ago when my accounts were even younger, I got a CLI on my Citi TYP. I am at 774 and 6/24. So, I guess it will be waiting game on the Citi DC! 


Well, I guess we might be onto a new trend w/ Citi.  Since their CLI's are spaced out every 6 months it's probably going to take a little while to accumulate DP's of this happening.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 5 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

Just wanted to update everyone.

 

So, they  approved for another $2K today.

 

Other attempt was 7/20 which had the same denial as the too many new accounts.  It hasn't been that long since getting the new accounts though which makes me scratch my head on timing with Citi.  First new accounts were 3/2019  (3) and 4/2019 (2).  It hasn't even been 6 months since the ones in March 

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 6 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

Congrats and Thank You for the DP's

Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

Congrats.......glad that "trend" thing didn't stick around.

"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Amex Blue Business Cash; Lowe's Rewards
BB&T SpectrumCR
Capital One Savor; Venture; Spark
CitiBank Staples More; Home Depot
Comenity GoodSamsVS
Discover Cash Back; Chrome
Synchrony AmazonNet55; CareCredit; Lowe's Adv & Pro's
Synovus LOC
[Total Open: 185.2k] [Total Closed reporting: 156,823k] EXP 720, EQ 744, TU 736
Message 8 of 10
Super Contributor

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts


@LauraC wrote:

Congrats.......glad that "trend" thing didn't stick around.


I've been getting turned down for too many recent inquiries.

 

Think I will wait until the soft pull credit score updates, and try again.


Total revolving limits 720500 (594000 reporting) 10/2/19 FICO 8 scores: EQ 744 TU 782 EX 746
Message 9 of 10
Valued Member

Re: Citi CLI Denial - Too Many New Accounts

Following

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.