Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Mistake - All bureau frozen

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Citi CLI Mistake - All bureau frozen

I tried for a Citi CLI, like 2 months in just now, and it said "it will not pull my credit bureau" but gave me a decline with the 10 Day letter. But my question is, Was this because I frozen all my 3 bureaus ? or just toooo early 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI Mistake - All bureau frozen

If Citi said that they weren't pulling a credit report, you got denied for some reason other than the freeze. Citi can be finicky with CLIs at times but I can tell you the two I've gotten from them were with all three frozen. 

Message 2 of 5
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

What was the reason stated for the decline when you received your letter?  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 5
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If Citi said that they weren't pulling a credit report, you got denied for some reason other than the freeze. Citi can be finicky with CLIs at times but I can tell you the two I've gotten from them were with all three frozen. 

+1

Also, FYI, you don't have to wait for snail mail. The letter should be available online pretty soon after the denial. That's not to say their letter will reveal the true reason(s) for denial, but it's something.

Message 4 of 5
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Update - got the email today for both - reason - they state I have not had the accounts long enough. Guess I wil wait a few more months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.