Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Visa DP

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Citi Costco Visa DP

Finally got a Costco Executive membership local to me here, and I was looking at the offers for the Visa card [ which I could really use to SD my mediocre QS1 card].

Now I really dont want to add a new HP/INQ to my account if unneeded...have zero on both...otoh, while I'll probably  be denied due to high UTI over 70%, my EX score is still at 650...should i wait until score is in the 680s for this type card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Visa DP

@comebackkid15 wrote:

Finally got a Costco Executive membership local to me here, and I was looking at the offers for the Visa card [ which I could really use to SD my mediocre QS1 card].

Now I really dont want to add a new HP/INQ to my account if unneeded...have zero on both...otoh, while I'll probably  be denied due to high UTI over 70%, my EX score is still at 650...should i wait until score is in the 680s for this type card?

I think with a 70% cranberry, you won't have any luck on anything new.

Message 2 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@comebackkid15 wrote:

+1

I agree with this. Utilization will hold you back on approval, more so than the score. Citi likes to pull EQ.

Costco isn't really tough to get overall. Meaning they'll approve on a lower score, but you need to make a big dent in that 70% aggregate utilization.

Message 3 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@comebackkid15 wrote:

Never heard that term before, I like it.  Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 6
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

I also recommend waiting until that utilization is much lower.

Incidentally, I'm in California, and Citi pulled my EXP for this card.

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 5 of 6
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

I think Citi uses Eq. Fico Bankcard Score 8. Try using credit check total to see your Fico Bankcard Score 8. If it's at 670 give it a go. But with 70% it might be a no. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.