Did you mean: 

Citi Costom cash card Cli button

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Citi Costom cash card Cli button

So on August 4 I was approved for the custom cash card for 8000cl 

On February 4 I'll be six months

so far I don't see the Cli button Is it coming on February 4? 

Or it needs to be 6 Statements cut first ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Costom cash card Cli button

There is no button that appears that I have ever seen.  The link is found under Services / Credit Card Services / Request a Credit Limit Increase on their website, or under View Credit Limit, APR & More when looking at your card on the app.  While they require 6 months between increases, I have personally had the soft pull language appear and been approved for increases as early as 6 weeks after opening a card with them and with the hard pull language it was always there immediately.

Message 2 of 12
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Jccflat  Are you using the app or web browser? It's easier to find in the app by just clicking on the card image. They allow limit increases every 6months but also need to have 1inq or less, that was my case at least.

Message 3 of 12
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Found it on the full site not On the app Don't know why but I requested a credit limit increase and it was declined and said the letter will be sent

but I guess because it's not six months yet?

I did pull all my three credit report  and checked no hard inquiry and  no soft inquiry

So I guess I will request next week when it's six months

Message 4 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I had SP CLI link after 7 weeks 

Message 5 of 12
Jccflat
Established Contributor

But strange On the app I couldn't find the link not under card service and not under the credit  limit?

Message 6 of 12
Sspartan
Valued Member

@Jccflat wrote:

But strange On the app I couldn't find the link not under card service and not under the credit  limit?

You need to be on the website for the credit limit increase request, I don't see the option on the app. I was able to get a 3K increase after having the card for 4 months so I am not sure that the 6 month wait is set in stone. 

Message 7 of 12
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

I found the credit limit increase link under products & offers / lending on the app.

I also received a SP CLI  after 3 months. 

Message 8 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Option is in the app, under "View credit options, APR and more" right below available credit. 

If you don't have a link, they aren't ready. 

Message 9 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jccflat wrote:

Found it on the full site not On the app Don't know why but I requested a credit limit increase and it was declined and said the letter will be sent

but I guess because it's not six months yet?

I did pull all my three credit report  and checked no hard inquiry and  no soft inquiry

So I guess I will request next week when it's six months

It's probably already in your documents and denial is for new accounts.

Granted, hard to tell who's applying for what due to "asking for a friend" but that's what's going to be on denial. 

The other possibility is BK if present. While they might approve for a card, Citi will often list existing derog as a reason CLI was denied. 

If you're denied for new accounts, try again later, link will still be there. 

If it's for BK, might be a while 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.