Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costom cash card Cli button

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costom cash card Cli button

@Remedios wrote:

Option is in the app, under "View credit options, APR and more" right below available credit. 

If you don't have a link, they aren't ready. 

This isn't necessarily true. Something is different about at least some Custom Cash accounts, including mine.

I have had the "Request an Increase" link visible there, non-stop, on my Citi Costco card for as long as I've had the card. If I tap it too soon, I get a popup message that says "We're sorry ... 6 months ..."

My other Citi card has lived a more interesting life. It was something boring from 2008 to 2020 and I have no idea what the CLI options were. I PC'ed it to Double Cash in 2020 and it always had the Request an Increase link in the mobile app, just like my Costco card. PC'ed it to Rewards+ last fall and the link lived on (uselessly due to recent CLI). PC'ed to Custom Cash in December and the link immediately vanished. It has never appeared in the mobile app on my Custom Cash card. But I hit the 6-month mark and became eligible for a CLI this month. I poked around on the mobile app and desktop website looking for a place to request the CLI. I found it on the website in Explore Products -> Lending -> Credit Line Increase -> Select a Card from dropdown menu. It worked and I got a $2k SP CLI. 

Even now, three weeks later, all the same things do and don't appear in all the same places, but I'm not eligible for a CLI on either card.

TLDR: OP, open the Citi website on a desktop, go to the place KiB described or Explore Products -> Lending -> Credit Line Increase -> if necessary, Select a Card from dropdown menu. Let us know how it goes!

Message 11 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Costom cash card Cli button

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Option is in the app, under "View credit options, APR and more" right below available credit. 

If you don't have a link, they aren't ready. 

This isn't necessarily true. Something is different about at least some Custom Cash accounts, including mine.

I have had the "Request an Increase" link visible there, non-stop, on my Citi Costco card for as long as I've had the card. If I tap it too soon, I get a popup message that says "We're sorry ... 6 months ..."

My other Citi card has lived a more interesting life. It was something boring from 2008 to 2020 and I have no idea what the CLI options were. I PC'ed it to Double Cash in 2020 and it always had the Request an Increase link in the mobile app, just like my Costco card. PC'ed it to Rewards+ last fall and the link lived on (uselessly due to recent CLI). PC'ed to Custom Cash in December and the link immediately vanished. It has never appeared in the mobile app on my Custom Cash card. But I hit the 6-month mark and became eligible for a CLI this month. I poked around on the mobile app and desktop website looking for a place to request the CLI. I found it on the website in Explore Products -> Lending -> Credit Line Increase -> Select a Card from dropdown menu. It worked and I got a $2k SP CLI. 

Even now, three weeks later, all the same things do and don't appear in all the same places, but I'm not eligible for a CLI on either card.

TLDR: OP, open the Citi website on a desktop, go to the place KiB described or Explore Products -> Lending -> Credit Line Increase -> if necessary, Select a Card from dropdown menu. Let us know how it goes!

They already let us know how it went 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.