Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash - App Advice | Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Custom Cash - App Advice | Update: Approved

Update: Approved - Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions and advice! 

I waited for another card to report a small balance (<1%) so I would be all zero except two.  I read a few datapoints about all zero balances getting denied despite what I thought were strong profiles.  I figured the FICO score difference between AZEO and AZE2 was negligble (if any), but it would show that I'm using my other cards.  Not sure how to move threads and I didn't want to start a new one in the approval section - sorry mods and thanks in advance if you move this.

Credit Limit: $6,800

APR: 13.99%

Original datapoints below were updated to reflect as of application date information.  Citi pulled Equifax (Based in MA).

Hi Everyone, 

I've been reading myFICO for a few years, but this is my first time posting.  I've done extensive research on Citi Custom Cash datapoints, but I'm still hesitant on applying.  I wanted to wait until November 2021 to apply so I'm at 0/6 for new accounts and Experian inquiries, but I have a large purchase coming up that would cover the sign-up bonus spend requirement.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Accounts - 1/6; 2/12; 5/24

Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards

• $10,000; June 2014

Discover it

• $6,000; June 2017

Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards

• $8,000; September 2017

Chase Freedom Unlimited

• $9,200; July 2018

Chase Freedom

• $12,900; July 2019

U.S. Bank Cash+

• $6,000; November 2019

Chase Freedom Unlimited

• $8,400; April 2020

Discover it

• $8,000; July 2020

Wells Fargo Propel

• $6,000; December 2020

SoFi

• $7,000; April 2021

FICO 8 Scores and Inquiries

Experian: 774 - 1/6; 2/12; 5/24

Transunion: 775 - 0/6; 0/12; 0/24

Equifax: 779 - 0/6; 0/12; 0/24

Miscellaneous

• Income: $100,000
  • AZE2; <1% Utilization
  • No late payments or derogatory marks.
  • I'm based in MA and I'm hoping Citi pulls TU or EQ based on the myFICO datapoints table.  However, I know Citi may do a double pull for new relationships, as well as YMMV.
  • Not sure if Citi is a "relationship" bank, but I have a Citi Priority Account with them. (5 Months)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash - App Advice

IMO if they deny you there is basically no one who will be approved.

I was double pulled if I remember correctly. EQ and EX. At the time I apped in June I was either 0/6 or 1/6 EQ and about 3/6 or 4/6 EX. 

My income is less than yours, under 70k and I do have a Simplicity card from 2019. 

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 2 of 8
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

It doesn't look like you would any problems being approved.

I was approved in early July, Citi pulled EX for me and I was 1/6, 3/12 including an auto loan.

Your income is higher than mine by about 40K.

I had no previous relationship with Citi.

I think you'd be in good shape.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chiming in to third the consensus here. I'd be stunned if you weren't approved. Only question is how high your SL will be. Somewhere between $6,000-9,000 would be my guess. Citi doesn't usually go above a $9,900 SL for most newcomers.

Message 4 of 8
BenTramer1978
Regular Contributor

Yeah im pretty sure you will get approved. I don't think this card is as hard to get as some are saying. For me they pulled Equifax only but for some it's a double pull. On my Equifax I only have 4 cards (im trying to figure out why my mortgage isn't reporting to Equifax anymore now). One of those cards was the Synchrony Amazon card (store card). All cards were way less then 2 years old, 2 of them were only 7 months old. I had 5 inquiries and 2 of them were in the same month. So....you should be fine.

Message 5 of 8
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

IMHO - you have a very good shot!

In another week I am 0/6 on INQs and New accounts on EX (which Citi pulls for me). I am hoping that is good enough to get in.

Crossing my fingers they are not concerned with being 5/12 on New accounts at the time (or even worse 14/24).

Consensus/DPs are they are concerned with 0/6, which if true, I have a shot. Smiley LOL 

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Custom Cash - App Advice | Update: Approved

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions and advice!  I was approved and provided an update in the original post.  I edited my original datapoints to reflect approval accuracy, but I noted the changes.

Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Custom Cash - App Advice | Update: Approved

Thanks for the update and congrats on your new card 

Feel free to start an approval thread if you wish to do so. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.