cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash App with no income

jayu223
Member

Citi Custom Cash App with no income

Hello folks,

Hoping to get some input here. It's been a while since I apped and I'm hoping for the Citi Custom Cash for the spending bonus. My Chase Freedom is my main card right now, the rest of the cards are all in the sock drawer. I just want some extra rewards while I'm going about my day to day groc shopping and whatnot. Although my credit scores are fine my main concern is that since I'm currently not working and have no source of income, that that'll be the cause of a rejection. I'm very frugal and living off savings. Do you fine people think they'll be able to give me a pass? Or if I get rejected that I can plead my case? Or just not risk the HP because I have no hope in hell without a satisfactory number on the income line? I appreciate feedback on just whether I may get accepted or not. Thanks!

 

FICOs

EX 792 [2 HP, 1 in Aug for credit check on apartment app and 1 for Freedom card falling off in April]

EQ 786 [1 HP for Freedom]

TU 793 [0 HP]

Alliant CU PR $5,000

BoA BBR $2,300

BoA CR $5,000

Barclays w.e the Uber card turned into $9,000

CapOne QS $12,000

Chase Freedom $4,500

Discover IT $8,500

Fidelity VS $3,700

Current credit usage: <1% on all cards, I paid down Freedom recently until it reported to EX yesterday with $17.

AAoA: 4.7yrs

AoOA: 8.3yrs

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income


@jayu223 wrote:

Hello folks,

Hoping to get some input here. It's been a while since I apped and I'm hoping for the Citi Custom Cash for the spending bonus. My Chase Freedom is my main card right now, the rest of the cards are all in the sock drawer. I just want some extra rewards while I'm going about my day to day groc shopping and whatnot. Although my credit scores are fine my main concern is that since I'm currently not working and have no source of income, that that'll be the cause of a rejection. I'm very frugal and living off savings. Do you fine people think they'll be able to give me a pass? Or if I get rejected that I can plead my case? Or just not risk the HP because I have no hope in hell without a satisfactory number on the income line? I appreciate feedback on just whether I may get accepted or not. Thanks!

 

FICOs

EX 792 [2 HP, 1 in Aug for credit check on apartment app and 1 for Freedom card falling off in April]

EQ 786 [1 HP for Freedom]

TU 793 [0 HP]

Alliant CU PR $5,000

BoA BBR $2,300

BoA CR $5,000

Barclays w.e the Uber card turned into $9,000

CapOne QS $12,000

Chase Freedom $4,500

Discover IT $8,500

Fidelity VS $3,700

Current credit usage: <1% on all cards, I paid down Freedom recently until it reported to EX yesterday with $17.

AAoA: 4.7yrs

AoOA: 8.3yrs


Can you clarify for the community regarding the bolded statement?

 

Were you previously gainfully employed and was there a recent job loss or are you in between jobs? Did you recently enter into retirement? Do you currently depend on someone else's income, aside from savings?

Message 2 of 13
jayu223
Member

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

Hello, I was previously employed, was let go and am in between jobs. No I'm not dependent on someone else's income.

Message 3 of 13
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

From what you've said, it sounds like you can't truthfully put anything other than "0" for income. That's going to be a denial from most, if not all, lenders. I would wait until you have steady income to apply, otherwise I worry you'd be wasting HPs. 




Message 4 of 13
NoMoreE46
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

Gotta think that anyone applying with $0 income reported will be a denial for not only Citi, but  Any and All  lenders...

 

Please let us know if you are still going to apply for myfico science.

Amazon Prime Store 10,000
Apple Card GS 14,000
Barclays Rewards 17,000
Cap One Savor 5,000
Cap One Venture X 30,000
Citi Custom Cash 8,000
Discover It 20,500
PenFed Plt Rewards 15,000
PNC Points 12,000
Target Redcard MC 13,000
WF Active Cash 10,000
WF Propel 21,000
Message 5 of 13
_ptatohed
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

Not trying to pry into your personal life but they usually ask for household income.  So, if you live with a significant other, you can place their income and that is perfectly legit.  My wife does not work and the few times she's applied for a card, she puts down my income and we've had no issues.    

5% CB rotating: ; Everyday 3% CB: ; Everyday 5%: ; Retired to sock drawer after AOD: ;
In my sights / On my radar:
Message 6 of 13
SUPERSQUID
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

I made a mistake once on a cli request and put my income in the non taxable income and zero in the taxable income slot because i am retired and my income is not taxable.

Instant denial.

Then i called them and explained and they gave me a cli.

I think some cc's are touchy about income, probably because they want assurance you have the means to pay them back, steady income

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 700/ kohls 1500/ discover 3k /mercury 3350 /ollo 600 /mission lane 1050/ ikea 750/ firestone 2800 /legacy 2000 /first savings bank cc 2000/ cap1 QS 1800/ cap 1 savor one 3k /fingerhut 1950/ comenity rewards mc 1k, Penfed PCR 7.5k
NFCU >cash rewards 3700




>BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
Message 7 of 13
Crowhelm
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income


@_ptatohed wrote:

Not trying to pry into your personal life but they usually ask for household income.  So, if you live with a significant other, you can place their income and that is perfectly legit.  My wife does not work and the few times she's applied for a card, she puts down my income and we've had no issues.    


I would refine that statement a little bit. It has to be income easily accessible which means a joint account(s). 



Message 8 of 13
pakratus
New Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

I have received 5 cards while unemployed. I have been putting the salary I expect to make.  The only bank to ask for Proof Of Income was Chase and I was already questionable in their eyes, that one denied.  

Message 9 of 13
YourBestNightmare
New Member

Re: Citi Custom Cash App with no income

Yikes. Don't commit fraud. If you do, don't post about it online, but either way, don't do it 


@pakratus wrote:

I have received 5 cards while unemployed. I have been putting the salary I expect to make.  The only bank to ask for Proof Of Income was Chase and I was already questionable in their eyes, that one denied.  


 


 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.