cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom cash 2 month old asking for hard pull for CLI.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Citi Custom cash 2 month old asking for hard pull for CLI.

I have Citi Custom cash card which I open in May 16 of this year with a starting credit line of 6K. Today I called Cit bank and ask for credit increase I all ready made 2 payments on the account have balance of 600 dolars, the automated system said we will not pull a credit report to increase on your account. The system ask me income which I said 85K housing which I 1K monthly. Fico scores are around 798 on Transumion, then automated voice said a hard pull, report will be pulled for this increase do you want to proceed I said no cancle the request. I do like one thing that Citi gives you the option to not go head the request for the increase if ther will be a hard pull. I don't know if this because account is new, if I try in another couple of months or wate 6 months then it will be  a soft pull the other thing may be because I also have double cashback mastercard with a 23.6K credit limit. The only thing I don't like about Citi bank is ther is no one to talk to about the credit increase it is all AI driven.

3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Custom cash 2 month old asking for hard pull for CLI.

@firefox100 wrote:

I have Citi Custom cash card which I open in May 16 of this year with a starting credit line of 6K. Today I called Cit bank and ask for credit increase I all ready made 2 payments on the account have balance of 600 dolars, the automated system said we will not pull a credit report to increase on your account. The system ask me income which I said 85K housing which I 1K monthly. Fico scores are around 798 on Transumion, then automated voice said a hard pull, report will be pulled for this increase do you want to proceed I said no cancle the request. I do like one thing that Citi gives you the option to not go head the request for the increase if ther will be a hard pull. I don't know if this because account is new, if I try in another couple of months or wate 6 months then it will be  a soft pull the other thing may be because I also have double cashback mastercard with a 23.6K credit limit. The only thing I don't like about Citi bank is ther is no one to talk to about the credit increase it is all AI driven.

My recollection is that you need to wait 6 months to get the soft pull CLI option.  My memory is hazy though; it's been so long that I've been in the "soft pull" region, but with all CLI requests denied.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 4
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@firefox100 

I received my first Citi  Custom Cash SP CLI after 3 months.  Subsequent increases are at 6 month intervals (all SP's so far,  knock on wood).

Maybe wait until you hit that 3 month/3 payments mark and try again.

Message 3 of 4
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Citi is going to want you to wait 6 months for a SP CLI request. After 6 months feel free to go ham until you get approved, after which you need to wait another 6 months.

Citi will not approve a SP CLI request if you have been approved for any other credit card in the last 6 months either.

3/3/24
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.