Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC - 2HP (long time span)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC - 2HP (long time span)

So I applied for the Citi DC card on 3/27/16.  I got the message that it would be 3-7 days.  In the mail I recieved a requiest for proof of addresss, that I needed to send back within 30 days.   I did wait waaaay to long and sent it back with about 7 days left of the 30.  So flash forward to yesterday, I called one of the Backdoor numbers to just check on the status.  The lady that spoke with me was very kind and she informed me that 1 of my proof of address was not excepted.  (they wanted home phone bill - which I don't have- I had sent cell phone bill.)   

Anyways, so I asked here for the address again and said i would send another form of proof that was acceptable.  So today, I get an allert that yesterday I had another HP from citi.  Is this normal?  I has been a while since the first HP (3/27) so maybe it was because of that.  I just wish I would have know as I am already off to the garden and have the credit I needed.  I only called because I had applied and wanted to discover if I was declined or not as I hadn't heard back yet.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC - 2HP (long time span)

It was probably because the intial HP was over 30 days old, so they had to pull a fresh one. Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what I was thinking.  Is it pretty common practice for creditors to HP again once you cross the 30 day threshold?  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfab2000 wrote:

That is what I was thinking.  Is it pretty common practice for creditors to HP again once you cross the 30 day threshold?  

Well it's not very common for lenders to take more than 30 days to approve or deny an application, but in your case, verification slowed it down. But yes most lenders will want a new HP if it's been longer than 30 days. I suppose a lot can happen to a credit file in 30 days.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gfab2000 wrote:

Well it's not very common for lenders to take more than 30 days to approve or deny an application, but in your case, verification slowed it down. But yes most lenders will want a new HP if it's been longer than 30 days. I suppose a lot can happen to a credit file in 30 days.

Yah, it was definatley my fault that it took over 30.  In the future I will be way more proactive on stuff like this.  Either turn the stuff in asap or just let it go... lol 

Message 5 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

With many companies, 30 days is the threshold of time after which they will want a new hard pull.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I get the letter about my proof of address.  I looks like they are still requiring me to provide a home telephone bill, even when I specifically mentioned that I don't have a home phone.  That is unfortunate, as who has a landline these days...lol.  (I know somepeople do)  Anyways, I think this is for the best, as I don't need another new account affecting my AAoA.  My dreams of a Citi DC card is now old news.   

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfab2000 wrote:

So I get the letter about my proof of address.  I looks like they are still requiring me to provide a home telephone bill, even when I specifically mentioned that I don't have a home phone.  That is unfortunate, as who has a landline these days...lol.  (I know somepeople do)  Anyways, I think this is for the best, as I don't need another new account affecting my AAoA.  My dreams of a Citi DC card is now old news.   

I think you should call back one more time and ask what else they will accept besides a landline phone bill. That is nonsense because they should be able to take something else. Was the date on your letter after you called them last time?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean the date of my call?  It looks like it is a duplicate of my first letter with a new sent date and 30 day window.  I wish I had scanned the first letter to compare them, but I didn't think of that.  Part of me want to try to work it out, but at the same time, it is wierd to me that they even want this.  My current address is on all 3 of my credit reports, and I am getting their letters.  To me the craziest part is they want originals, not copies, so I guess they must have been burnt by people in the past with fake addresses.  

Honestly, it isn't easy for me to come up with original proof of address that they accept.  I bank online, and I get no statments in the mail, I pay no utilities (Included in the rent), I dont have my own car (company car) and I don't have renters insurance.  To make it worse, I now have a company cell phone, so even if they decided it would be ok to use my cell phone bill (they didnt' accept it previously) I no longer have that.  Last time I had changed my preferences on my bank accounts to get a statement mailed to me, but I already sent that to them..lol.  I will probably give them a call when I have some free time, but I am not holding my breath.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfab2000 wrote:

Do you mean the date of my call?  It looks like it is a duplicate of my first letter with a new sent date and 30 day window.  I wish I had scanned the first letter to compare them, but I didn't think of that.  Part of me want to try to work it out, but at the same time, it is wierd to me that they even want this.  My current address is on all 3 of my credit reports, and I am getting their letters.  To me the craziest part is they want originals, not copies, so I guess they must have been burnt by people in the past with fake addresses.  

Honestly, it isn't easy for me to come up with original proof of address that they accept.  I bank online, and I get no statments in the mail, I pay no utilities (Included in the rent), I dont have my own car (company car) and I don't have renters insurance.  To make it worse, I now have a company cell phone, so even if they decided it would be ok to use my cell phone bill (they didnt' accept it previously) I no longer have that.  Last time I had changed my preferences on my bank accounts to get a statement mailed to me, but I already sent that to them..lol.  I will probably give them a call when I have some free time, but I am not holding my breath.

I was trying to see if the new letter you received is dated before or after your most recent call to them (when they told you one of your proof of address wasn't accepted). Also, when you called last did they tell you what else you can send besides a landline phone bill?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.