Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Application Approval Thoughts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC Application Approval Thoughts?

Whats up guys? - Looking to apply for the citi dc, but not thrilled about them pulling both my equifax and experian...Heres some details:

Some data:
EQ 732, INQ 2

TU 732, INQ 2

EX 739, INQ 9

Credit Utilization 19% of $123,000

10 open accounts

AAoA 6 years 2 months

AoYRA 3 months

Zero lates, zero missed payments.

According to DoC(Doctor of Credit), Citi will pull EX: 4 EQ: 3 for Massachusetts. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi DC Application Approval and/or Freezing EX?

Just a heads up. It's against myfico rules to discuss freezing reports in order for lenders to pull a different one.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it - Just revised the post

Message 3 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Have you considered other 2% cards that does single pull? The Best 2% Card Showdown
Message 4 of 10
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC Application Approval Thoughts?

I think you will be good. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many inquiries and new accounts in the last 6 and 12 months?  Probably not a worry but be aware that they'll decline if you have 6 inquiries in the last six months.

The debt load may be a problem, depending on income. It looks like $23,000 in revolving debt. DTI may be the deciding factor for them.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 HPs on Experian in last 6 months, good on EQ/TU as I only have 2 on there

Income around 120k so should be all set on my DTI

My brother got denied with a similar profile, which is why I originally made the post

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a NFCU member as of about 3 weeks ago, but was told if I apply in branch they will give out higher CL. Thougt was to apply for the cash rewards, wait 3 months and apply for the signature 2% and hopefully get a 20K+ CL with that.

PenFed was another option, but have no DPs on possible CL they give out or how to become a member etc... - Thoughts?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a NFCU member as of about 3 weeks ago, but was told if I apply in branch they will give out higher CL. Thougt was to apply for the cash rewards, wait 3 months and apply for the signature 2% and hopefully get a 20K+ CL with that.

PenFed was another option, but have no DPs on possible CL they give out or how to become a member etc... - Thoughts?

If you are a new Penfed member, I believe they cap your max credit limit at 10K.  Anyone can join.

Message 9 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How many inquiries and new accounts in the last 6 and 12 months?  Probably not a worry but be aware that they'll decline if you have 6 inquiries in the last six months.

The debt load may be a problem, depending on income. It looks like $23,000 in revolving debt. DTI may be the deciding factor for them.

Citi's 6 in 6 is more of a soft rule and not a hard coded policy. Some people still get approved with more than 6 in 6. Of course, it does not hurt to wait until you drop below the threshold just in case.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.