FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi DC Denial

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@Grizzly1 wrote:

Within a few minutes of each other yes. 

This is something I too faced. I'm yet to get the letter but seems like 1 inq in 5 days is the rule for Citi and if it is not, the system auto denies that app. I called the EO backdoor number and they are saying that they cannot override the system denial. Try calling them and see, YEMV..

Citi does have rules regarding not approving more than 2 Citi cards within a sliding 60 day window (commonly referred to as the 2/65 rule) and a soft 6 inquiry/6 month guideline.  Pretty much anything beyond that is largely a YMMV situation.

As for calling the EO, they generally do not involve themselves in these kinds of decisions outside of exceptionally unusual situations like a potential FCRA violation in the making; under normal circumstances even a "YMMV" overestimates ones odds of their intervention.

One can always request a recon but expect it to cost another hard pull.

I don't have a citi card, this is the first time I tried for the custom cash. I apped for MCP from FNBT and it went pending, they pulled EX. I was in an assumption that citi will pull EQ but they pulled EX as well and denied right out. I had 1/6, 1/12 and 4/24 inq & new account. 

When I spoke to the lady on the EO number, she verified my app and mentioned that a prior inq on the same day is the issue.

Then again, it's profile-specific.  I was approved for Custom Cash with several inquiries and new accounts in the past 12 & 24 months 🤷‍♂️  So, it's deeper than inquiries/new accounts, etc., when algorithms are making a UW decision.

Message 11 of 12
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi DC Denial

@FinStar wrote:

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@Grizzly1 wrote:

Within a few minutes of each other yes. 

This is something I too faced. I'm yet to get the letter but seems like 1 inq in 5 days is the rule for Citi and if it is not, the system auto denies that app. I called the EO backdoor number and they are saying that they cannot override the system denial. Try calling them and see, YEMV..

Citi does have rules regarding not approving more than 2 Citi cards within a sliding 60 day window (commonly referred to as the 2/65 rule) and a soft 6 inquiry/6 month guideline.  Pretty much anything beyond that is largely a YMMV situation.

As for calling the EO, they generally do not involve themselves in these kinds of decisions outside of exceptionally unusual situations like a potential FCRA violation in the making; under normal circumstances even a "YMMV" overestimates ones odds of their intervention.

One can always request a recon but expect it to cost another hard pull.

I don't have a citi card, this is the first time I tried for the custom cash. I apped for MCP from FNBT and it went pending, they pulled EX. I was in an assumption that citi will pull EQ but they pulled EX as well and denied right out. I had 1/6, 1/12 and 4/24 inq & new account. 

When I spoke to the lady on the EO number, she verified my app and mentioned that a prior inq on the same day is the issue.

Then again, it's profile-specific.  I was approved for Custom Cash with several inquiries and new accounts in the past 12 & 24 months 🤷‍♂️  So, it's deeper than inquiries/new accounts, etc., when algorithms are making a UW decision.

DW was also approved for CCC within a couple of weeks after getting approved for C1 Savor1 and Sync Amazon. I'm curious to try after a month but debating if I have to waste onemore HP

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.