tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi DC Initial CL Recon - Denied

@Creditaddict wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Who do they pull for cli? EQ?

TU

Mine was EQ, not TU, for SP CLI a while back.

Message 11 of 21
js0319
Established Contributor

I saw my denial letter online under my documents. It stated I needed at least 6 months of history before I would be eligible. So, I can only assume that those that have had success have previous history and current accounts with Citi. I'll try at 6 months. Does Citi like PIF or carrying a balance? With 0% APR for 15 months, I'm not too worried about carrying a balance if I need to. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@js0319 wrote:

I saw my denial letter online under my documents. It stated I needed at least 6 months of history before I would be eligible. So, I can only assume that those that have had success have previous history and current accounts with Citi. I'll try at 6 months. Does Citi like PIF or carrying a balance? With 0% APR for 15 months, I'm not too worried about carrying a balance if I need to. 

I'd assume they all like PIF.

Message 13 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@js0319 wrote:

I PIF with Citi and it's never hindered any auto-CLIs or SP CLIs.  Other folks have carried balances and still were elegible for SP CLIs during their intro period.  Bottom line, as long as you manage the account responsibly, keep your utilization in check and make all your payments on time then you should be good.  Make sure your credit profile doesn't slide/deteriorate or rack up a lot of inquiries/new accounts in the process since that will only hinder those efforts.

Message 14 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NO, my friend has never had a citi card before and was approve for $3400 or $4400 I forget but I got him to put in a cli request for $15k and never morning his cli was approved for full amount.
And if you look back to when citi dc was released the board has many posts of others asking for immediate cli when they receive card and getting them.
Message 15 of 21
js0319
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@js0319 wrote:

I PIF with Citi but it's never hindered any auto-CLIs or SP CLIs.  Other folks have carried balances and still were elegible for SP CLIs during their intro period.  Bottom line, as long as you manage the account responsibly, keep your utilization in check and make all your payments on time then you should be good.  Make sure your credit profile doesn't slide/deteriorate or rack up a lot of inquiries/new accounts in the process since that will only hinder those efforts.

Yes. Between my wife and I, we're definitely in full garden mode. We've picked up a combined total of $57,150 in additional CL's over the last 3 months. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

Message 16 of 21
js0319
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
NO, my friend has never had a citi card before and was approve for $3400 or $4400 I forget but I got him to put in a cli request for $15k and never morning his cli was approved for full amount.
And if you look back to when citi dc was released the board has many posts of others asking for immediate cli when they receive card and getting them.

Yeah, I wasn't so lucky. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@js0319 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't so lucky. Smiley Sad

Not to worry, all is not lost.  You will get the oppotunity and before you know it 6 months will be up!

Message 18 of 21
js0319
Established Contributor

As of Thursday morning, I have yet to receive any alerts for HP's. I guess they didn't, even though I authorized. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

They pulled EQ and EX for my app and then EQ again for the CLI

+1 same here

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.