Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC approval odds?

tag
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

Re: Citi DC approval odds?

I'm going to wait until my card reports zero on the 19th and I have one inquiry falling off on the 22nd, I'll pull the trigger then and update after!!!

CITI DOUBLE CASH || CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || HUNTINGTON VOICE || BANK OF AMERICA || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY || Apple Card
Message 11 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, prequals arent necessary with Citi, ive never seen one though im an outlier in creditSmiley Wink

Message 12 of 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't try it yet. I don't see that yielding any Citi fruit. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 21
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

What are your recommendations? And BTW I only have one inquiry in the last 6 months, most of them are all around the 1 year mark or closer to 2 years!

CITI DOUBLE CASH || CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || HUNTINGTON VOICE || BANK OF AMERICA || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY || Apple Card
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I understand.  I just don't pull the trigger without that Pre Qual.   I want to know I at least got an 80% chance or better getting approved.

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

I did but it's not giving me any cards for pre qual. I have read alot about people still getting approved even with no solid pre qual?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just try there pre qual website that will tell you if you can or cannot

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

Just testing the waters on what you guys think about my approval odds. I tried the pre qual and it is not giving me solid APR. I'm currently at 10 inq's with one card still reporting a 60 percent utilization, it is PIF. I do have quite of few new in accounts in the last year or so as follows! (5) inq's are for car/mortgage loans...

Cap one - 08/19

Best buy - 11/18

Chase FU - 04/19

Chase amazon - 09/19

Ford auto loan 07/19

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Why do you say that? OP has a profile that actually seems very favorable to Citi once utilization is in order unless I'm missing something here?

Message 16 of 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

What are your recommendations? And BTW I only have one inquiry in the last 6 months, most of them are all around the 1 year mark or closer to 2 years!

Apparently I misread something. I thought you had six inqs in the last few months. With this new information, I would say you have a decent shot. I got my DC when I had something like four recent inqs. Although, you may still hold off until you see a solid APR given. 

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 17 of 21
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Ar the scores in your signature current? If so, i think youre good to go.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 18 of 21
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

I went for it this morning and got an instant approval for the DC card with a 1,600 dollar SL. I'll definitely be requesting a CLI when I receive it as that's by far my lowest card lol. I called underwriting to try a double dip but they advised I would have to wait till I receive the card in the mail. I'll make a credit approval post later today😁

Message 19 of 21
newfossil
Valued Contributor

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

I went for it this morning and got an instant approval for the DC card with a 1,600 dollar SL. I'll definitely be requesting a CLI when I receive it as that's by far my lowest card lol. I called underwriting to try a double dip but they advised I would have to wait till I receive the card in the mail. I'll make a credit approval post later today😁

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.