Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash App 7-10 Days

tag
dssgaffler
Valued Member

Citi Double Cash App 7-10 Days

I applied for the Citi DC card over the weekend and received the following message.

Thank you for your interest in the Citi® Double Cash Card account. We're reviewing your application submitted on 02/10/2018 and will get back to you within 7-10 days.

For the most up-to-date information on your application, you can check the status online.

It included a link to check the status of the application which I continued to check over the weekend and also on Monday morning.  Each time it responded that the application was still pending and and that they would get in touch either through email or regular mail within the next 7-10 days.  I decided to give them a call using the Citi automated appplication status phone number provided by someome here on the forums.  (888-201-4523)  It asked for my ssn and then told me that my application was still pending and then it connected me to a live operator.  The customer service rep put me on a brief hold and then said she was going to send me a text message with a code to the phone number that was provided on the application.  Once I repeated the code back to her she placed me on another brief hold and the came back and told me the application was approved.

I am not exactly sure why I did not get an automatic approval and had to go through an additional verification step, but it was pretty quick and simple.  I have 3 inquiries on my EX and EQ, 720 ish on both and no derogs.  I was previously a Citi customer until the Hilton card was sold to Amex last month.  Researching older posts, it appears that the 7-10 Citi response can go either way and in my case it was a positive result.

Discover IT $25k | AMEX BCP $25k | PenFed Power Cash $25k | Citi DC $25k | US Bank Cash+ $25k | Chase Amazon $25k | BofA CCR $25k | WF $25k |Chase Freedom $23k |Citi CC $19k | UMB $18k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash App 7-10 Days

Congratulations!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash App 7-10 Days

Congrats for your new card!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.