Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Approval Odds?

Hello all, 

Long-time lurker here, I wanted to see what my approval odds were with getting the Citi double cash card. I have about 12 inquires on TU and 11 on EQ (based on CreditKarma), also 8 of which are within the last 6 months. Current utilization is at about 8%. Income is about $120,000. No derogs. Currently have 4 credit cards with Chase (sapphire preferred, slate, freedom, and freedom unlimited - some of which I got an offer for via online portal) have two credit cards with Citi already (Expedia and Costco), as well as 3 amex cards (cash magnet, bce, and delta). What are my odds at getting this card? TU 698 and EQ 702 - based on CreditKarma

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Approval Odds?

You'll want to get a look at your Fico scores, not VS scores prior to considering an app.

If your utilization is in an ideal place (which it seems it is) and your Fico scores are around 700 like your VS 3.0's it's indicative of negative items present on your CR.  Do you have a dirty file?  If so, what's the nature of the negatives in terms of severity, number and how recent?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please go spend $1 to get your Fico's at experian.com or sift through your cards and get them.

Amex provides your EX fico monthly

Citi provides your EQ Bankcard 8 (which is what they use to approve new apps)

All you're missing then is TU which you could get through plenty of lenders.... i.e Discover, Synch, etc.

One good thing CK is good for but, EX offers as well is the ability to sort based on open date.... 

https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport/#accounts

Next you need to take your count's for the periods based on the rules here to figure out if you're even eligible w/o an auto denial

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/67u9q0/guide_antichurning_rules/

It's probably easier to PC one of your cards if you're not using one or the other currently if you're not able to get approved.

Message 3 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

You have a ton of inquiries and no FICO scores so we don't know what your inqs are like on EX. Based on the limited info provided, I would say IMHO that your odds of being approved are slim.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Hi and welcome to MyFICO

You have a ton of inquiries and no FICO scores so we don't know what your inqs are like on EX. Based on the limited info provided, I would say IMHO that your odds of being approved are slim.

Try to find out your FICO scores, as those are a better indicator. You do have a lot of inquiries, which won’t look very appealing to Citi. With that said, I did get my DC at a time when my inqs were around that level. Have you checked the prequal page? 

I would hold off for 6 months or so, just to give yourself a better shot.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, when were your current cards opened? How many opened in the last 6 months? 12 months? What's your AAoA?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For fear of beating a dead horse...definitely get your FICO scores. CK is good for some information, but the scores - not so much.

Of course, the pros here will tell you every profile and situation is different. The devil's always in the details, as they say. But, for what it's worth, I just app'd and scored the DC last Friday. Below is my info before the Citi app:

Coming into July 2019, my DPs :

Scores – in sig, were current prior to Citi app

AAoA – 4.25 yrs (4 yrs / 3 mos)

Utilization: EQ = 7%, TU = 7%, EX = 7%

Inqs – 8 in the last 12 months: EQ = 3, TU = 4, EX = 1 (none in 2019; 4-Aug 2018; 4-Jul 2018) **2018 was a credit (re)building year;

Inqs – 22 in the last 24 months: EQ = 9, TU = 6 , EX = 7 (none in 2019; 4-Aug 2018; 4-Jul 2018; 9-Jan 2018, other misc in 2017) **2018 was a credit (re)building year

Most recent late: 30 days in June 2017

Hope this helps, one way or the other!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.