cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card Denied

tag
TechQueen

Citi Double Cash Card Denied

I guees numerous people must have been in my situation. I got denied for Citi Double Cash Card today . I have a discoverit , bank of america cash rewards , bank of america travel rewards , chase freedom unlimited , amex blu cash everyday , amazon prime store card, macy's store card and banana republic credit card . The reason for the decline is too many inquiries in past 12 months . I must have had 6 inquiries I guess . My FICO Score is 709 Equifax : 676 TU : 667 . Called the recon number asked me to wait for the letter and give a call to experian credit bureau . Have seen many people be in this situation . What do you suggest ? Call the EO number , wait for the letter or forget about it. Any inputs are appreciated . This is my first denial . Citi broke my streak. Smiley Tongue Got humbled by them truly.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Card Denied

Its worth a shot to call another agent to see if you have better luck with them. You could also try the EO. Since you used an inquiry it wouldn't hurt to go all the way (provided they don't want another HP). 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the denial.  Best course of action is to wait a bit and then try again since you have alot of inquiries, EO might not budge but you are welcome to try.  

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of all my cards, Citi DC was FOR SURE the hardest to get. 3 tries over the last year or so. Recon never worked. On the last one I waited about 20 days after denial. During that time got a medical removed from the CA I knew they use. called in, did another hard pull and was finally approved.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get any citi card. They are my achilies heel. The dC card is one of 2 cards left I want.

Sorry OP. 6 isn't a lot IMO but I guess it is for them. I'd try again or write a letter and try that way.

Message 5 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't get any citi card. They are my achilies heel. The dC card is one of 2 cards left I want.

Sorry OP. 6 isn't a lot IMO but I guess it is for them. I'd try again or write a letter and try that way.

Don't worry, the DC card isn't nearly as good as their advertising makes it out to be.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@TechQueen wrote:

I guees numerous people must have been in my situation. I got denied for Citi Double Cash Card today . I have a discoverit , bank of america cash rewards , bank of america travel rewards , chase freedom unlimited , amex blu cash everyday , amazon prime store card, macy's store card and banana republic credit card . The reason for the decline is too many inquiries in past 12 months . I must have had 6 inquiries I guess . My FICO Score is 709 Equifax : 676 TU : 667 . Called the recon number asked me to wait for the letter and give a call to experian credit bureau . Have seen many people be in this situation . What do you suggest ? Call the EO number , wait for the letter or forget about it. Any inputs are appreciated . This is my first denial . Citi broke my streak. Smiley Tongue Got humbled by them truly.

You have nothing to lose by reconning, but if it were me I would just forget about it. I hate to beg Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Citi DC is one of the hardest cards to get.  I generally recommend a 720 score across the board and no baddies before applying.  The cases I've seen where folx have been approved in the 700-720 range are people with thick history.

Message 8 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

How many new accounts in the last 6 months? That's my best guess into why you were denied. Give it atleast 6 months with no new accounts before you try again. Once you're in and build a relationship, Citi will treat you well.
Message 9 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry about the denial OP , I really don't see anything all that special about the DC . But I think you will have much better luck once your other new accts age some and inquires age some
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.