Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Denial

tag
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Citi Double Cash Denial

Pulled the trigger on a DC due to both EX (777) and EQ (780) being pretty strong at the moment, with 8% util, 0/6 & 6/24 inquiries and last new account was 3/2020.

Instant Denial, two HPs when my R+ was one. Ouch.

While I'm not necessarily surprised due to the ongoing world issues, I'm a little sad because I felt like I could've been worth even a small SL. Do y'all think it's worth trying a backdoor number now, wait for the denial letter, or just wait 5 months and try again?

Update 2

I called recon, and they highlighted my accounts in 12 months (4/12 personal, 6/12 AU, 7/12 AU + HELOC, 9/12 AU + HELOC + Installment) and my balances. (8% overall util but 50% on a $10,000 card).

The letter may have more but depending on what they considered for the new accounts, I'm willing to bet that did it.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Denial

@icednightpaper wrote:

Pulled the trigger on a DC due to both EX (777) and EQ (780) being pretty strong at the moment, with 8% util, 0/6 & 6/24 inquiries and last new account was 3/2020.

While I'm not necessarily surprised due to the ongoing world issues, I'm a little sad because I felt like I could've been worth even a small SL. Do y'all think it's worth trying a backdoor number now, wait for the denial letter, or just wait 5 months and try again?

I don't have much to add, but that is an awesome lineup of cards you have there! Incredibly jealous.  I take it the cash+ gets fed the utilities bill?

Message 2 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@icednightpaper wrote:

@icednightpaper, Sorry for your DC denial, that has to be disappointingSmiley Sad

I would call, you have nothing to lose. JMHO

Message 3 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

IMO, I would try option one or two.  Consider this a finishing move.  You have already taken 2 HPs, they have your info plus you do already know that they can  ot shoot you through the phone.  Take your shot, maybe you will score.   YMMV and good luck!

Message 4 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your reconsideration! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 5 of 20
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

@Credit12Fico
Hey, thanks for that! I’m sure you’ll be on you way in no time. You’re right on the money, utilities and tv/internet/streaming are my permission categories until they remove them Smiley Happy

Hmm.
Maybe I will take a shot at recon, has anyone used the EO number in the Backdoor thread? The sheer number of...numbers listed confuses me

Message 6 of 20
Jetiquette
New Contributor

I'm not sure why they would deny you with those scores. I have been getting pre-approval letters from them since my scores cleared 730, but the DC is further down the list on my next cards to get (after a mortgage). 

I would definitely call recon line. 

EQ 764 / TU 775 / EX 775 (as of 9/26/21)
Message 7 of 20
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@icednightpaper wrote:

I would recon! I was able to recon back in April with a supervisior and got approved for 5K and i had way more inqs due to fraud. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ID recon something seems off with your stats no real reason for denial

Message 9 of 20
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Update 1:

I called one recon number and the (seemingly pretty short) CSR told me to call back tomorrow when they have access to the denial letter. It was labor day so I should’ve seen that coming. >.>
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.