Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Denied

tag
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Citi Double Cash Denied

Guess I was in the mood again tonight.  Citi Double Cash.  I actually had some hope I'd get it.  733 EX, but 14 or 15 INQs.  No baddies, Clean report.    DENIED.

Ok, so I am going to recon this as hard as I can.  Any suggestions to explain so many new accounts/INQs cuz I know that's it.   Any advice will help.  Also, the backdoor numbers for Citi look a bit scattered.  Which is the best to start with, and when/how should I take it to EO if necessary?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Denied

I thought I read they are tough to recon even the EO. How many new accounts in the past 6 months? Because if it's like 4+ I think your chances are slim that would be red flags for a bit of lenders because it makes you look credit hungry.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vikingred wrote:

Guess I was in the mood again tonight.  Citi Double Cash.  I actually had some hope I'd get it.  733 EX, but 14 or 15 INQs.  No baddies, Clean report.    DENIED.

Ok, so I am going to recon this as hard as I can.  Any suggestions to explain so many new accounts/INQs cuz I know that's it.   Any advice will help.  Also, the backdoor numbers for Citi look a bit scattered.  Which is the best to start with, and when/how should I take it to EO if necessary?

Thanks.

I wasn't able to crack them with 4 inquiries in the 6 month period preceding their app. This was with ~675 EX FICO. Analyst/Gatekeeper on the other side of the line explained that if not for the inquiries they would be able to approve.

Message 3 of 10
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vikingred wrote:

Thanks.

I wasn't able to crack them with 4 inquiries in the 6 month period preceding their app. This was with ~675 EX FICO. Analyst/Gatekeeper on the other side of the line explained that if not for the inquiries they would be able to approve.

I guess they are just inquiry sensative, because the OP's score should have been an automatic approval.

Message 4 of 10
Hansenmol
Valued Member

Yeah, might want to garden for a while.
Gardening
Wells Fargo 08/2010 $5.3k || Valero Gas 07/2012 $750 || CareCredit 11/2012 $5k ||
Citi Forward Legacy 01/2013 $6.4k || Discover It 01/2013 $8.3k || AMEX BCE 04/2013 $20k || Chase Freedom 08/2013 $4k || Sallie Mae Commence WMC 07/2014 $9.5k || Citi Double Cash WEMC 10/2014 $8.3k || Chase IHG WMC $11.2k 02/2017 ||
755 EX, 802 TU, 799 EQ || 24 Years Old || AAoA 3.4 Yrs || 03/10/2017 || Gardening since 02/2017 ||
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sad part is....

If it hadn't been for the Citi DC denial, I wouldn't have applied for Discover It and so forth... Molehill into a Mountain. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vikingred wrote:

Thanks.

I had way more inquires then you and I was instantly approved online.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know.  I'm gardening now but that was one on the top of my list in another 15 months.  Will they count inquiries over 12 months or do they need to fall off of your report completely?

Message 8 of 10
zerbherb
Established Contributor

that card is fort knox, they advertised the thing, with a  film maker i used that in recon and still nope. Sorry man, you'll get it eventually.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know.  I'm gardening now but that was one on the top of my list in another 15 months.  Will they count inquiries over 12 months or do they need to fall off of your report completely?

Citibank usually likes to see last 6 months inquires but to be safe 12 months garden will bring an approval.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.