Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Reconsideration

tag
Carrington59
Established Member

Citi Double Cash Reconsideration

I applied for the Citi Double Cash on 1/3 and was surprised to see I was denied. They got my info from EQ (737, 4 inquiries with 3 in 2021). They stated that the reason for my denial was that I had a card with insufficient info regarding balances. I am assuming this is my Custom Cash Card I signed up for on 12/5. When I applied, it had been almost a month on the dot from my Custom Cash and I have put 2100 on the card in the time and fully paid it off. I called their reconsideration line and EO multiple times and they didn't wanna budge on their decision. Any advice on how to proceed? I would prefer not to waste the hard inquiry. My Custom Cash should post in the next couple days.

Gardening Since: 07/2023 (0/6, 4/12, 11/24)

Current Cards:

Potential Future Cards:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Reconsideration

Welcome @Carrington59 

I would have waited a month or 2. Some have gotten 2 in a short period. Some dont. Looks like if the newest account would have showed some spend as they said. Chances could have been better. @FinStar is rehearshed on Citi.

Heres a poster from last month.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Citi-App-7-10-Day-Message/td-p/6629038/pag... 

Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Carrington59 wrote:

I applied for the Citi Double Cash on 1/3 and was surprised to see I was denied. They got my info from EQ (737, 4 inquiries with 3 in 2021). They stated that the reason for my denial was that I had a card with insufficient info regarding balances. I am assuming this is my Custom Cash Card I signed up for on 12/5. When I applied, it had been almost a month on the dot from my Custom Cash and I have put 2100 on the card in the time and fully paid it off. I called their reconsideration line and EO multiple times and they didn't wanna budge on their decision. Any advice on how to proceed? I would prefer not to waste the hard inquiry. My Custom Cash should post in the next couple days.

If the EO has made the final decision, there's not much you can do about it. Calling the EO multiple times isn't going to make them budge. Unfortunately, we are not privy to what is on your reports and what other factors Citi's algorithms considered when denying the application.

Bottom line, you incurred the HP and that's part of the territory of applying. Not all applications will be winners. That said, you are welcome to try things again in another 30 days (or longer) if you prefer to wait things out.

Message 3 of 5
Carrington59
Established Member

Thanks for the response. As my Custom Cash will post in a day or two, is it worth calling again once its posted to see if they will reconsider? Or will that not make a difference since it was after the application date?

Gardening Since: 07/2023 (0/6, 4/12, 11/24)

Current Cards:

Potential Future Cards:

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Carrington59 wrote:

Thanks for the response. As my Custom Cash will post in a day or two, is it worth calling again once its posted to see if they will reconsider? Or will that not make a difference since it was after the application date?

I'd say, if you've reached out to the EO more than 2x, just let it be. They already have documentation that you've called before. If there had been any considerable errors by the CRA or any incorrect reporting that you could justify to them, then that's a different story 

The reporting of your recent Custom Cash approval isn't going to sway things. They have access to your Citi accounts and can see whether you owe a balance or not, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.