Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Doublecash app

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Doublecash app 7-10 day

@Anonymous wrote:

So after getting my 6th letter in the mail saying i was preapproved for the card and the citi preapproval site saying i was preapproved  i decided to app tonight then i got the 7-10 day message is this normal not to get a instant decision for this card? i tried logging into the site i got in the email to check the status and this is what it says below am i denied? it was a double pull from EQ and EX my EQ is 690 and my EX is 727

We are still reviewing your application.

Thank you for your Citi® Double Cash Card application. We're still reviewing it. Depending on how quickly we're able to process your information, we may post a decision here in 24 hours, so feel free to check back then. We'll be in touch in approximately 7-10 days via mail or email with a decision.

I had the same thing happen when I got my Diamond Preferred.  After about a week I also called to see if I could "help" (i.e. speed things along) but was told to simply wait for them to reach out to me.

Nearly two weeks (!) after my call I got an email to call them, and when I did they verified a few things from my app and called me back to confirm my phone, then approved me on the spot.  Smiley Happy  From original app to card receipt took nearly four weeks. 

TL;DR... try to relax, and just let the process play out.  The more you 'poke' at it, the more you risk standing out and having issues (IMHO).

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i havent 'poked' at anything yet lol just curious because i know a lot of times when you get the 7-10 day message its a denial but i guess ive been reading with citibank it works a little differently thanks

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand Citi to be big on identity verification. I got a statement similar to yours and I was just requested to provide docs proving identification in the notification.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

still says they are reviewing my application this is the longest ive ever had to wait for a decision all my other cards were instant approval and discover told me when i finished the app to call and confirm my identity but its not denied so i guess i have to wait a little longer

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i decided to call last night i finally figured out what the issue is i use google voice as my number for all my cards she said they tried to send me a pin to verify my number but they cannot verify my number so they sent me a letter on the 17th with a pin once i get the letter to call back and give it to them the pin then i will be approved i guess so i have to wait a little longer

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so i decided to call last night i finally figured out what the issue is i use google voice as my number for all my cards she said they tried to send me a pin to verify my number but they cannot verify my number so they sent me a letter on the 17th with a pin once i get the letter to call back and give it to them the pin then i will be approved i guess so i have to wait a little longer

At least you know it was approved.   I never had to wait until i went after Cash+. It took them 10 days for a decision, but it was worth it.  I have awhile before i can app Citi DC (if i do) due to recent activity. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Doublecash app

They pull trans and equifax in michigan
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Doublecash app

Update

so i got the letter in the mail on monday and i called tuesday and gave the pin he put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said i was approved for a whopping $500 dollar SL gotta say im really disappointed i wasted a double pull over this nothing i can do about it now but try for a cli whenever i can get one with a soft pull but i cant hardly put any spend on this card with that limit unless i constantly pay it off weekly 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.