cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-Qualified for the first time since 2013! Is this a good sign?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Pre-Qualified for the first time since 2013! Is this a good sign?

Back in early 2013, I burned Citi for about $5.2K with the Citi Dividend. They also closed out my Sears card in good standing. Ever since, I have been Blacklisted from Citi for "Past Relationship" when I attempted to apply for the Best Buy and Double Cash cards. The Citi Dividend chargeoff on my report dropped off last month on all three credit bureaus. The prequal always comes back with nothing, until today. Pre-qualified for the Citi Simplicity and Double Cash. Is this a good sign moving forward with Citi? Just wondering, still in the garden until the Fall. 

Citi PreQual.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Pre-Qualified for the first time since 2013! Is this a good sign?

It's definitely a positive sign given the offer. This usually can mean that you may no longer be on the naughty list.

Just keep in mind that, like any other pre-approved offer, it's not 100% guaranteed. But, if some validation is needed, this sign points in the right direction if you're still gun-shy come Fall this year 👍
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
It's definitely a positive sign given the offer. This usually can mean that you may no longer be on the naughty list.

Just keep in mind that, like any other pre-approved offer, it's not 100% guaranteed. But, if some validation is needed, this sign points in the right direction if you're still gun-shy come Fall this year 👍

It would be nice to get off the Citi naughty list. Smiley Happy

I am never gun-shy. Just need to cool off a bit after a busy last 3 months with 6 new cards. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your offer!

Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

<fingers crossed>

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  I've yet to see that yet, am looking forward to the day.NFCU Flagship $28,000

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the prequalification!

hopefully it does mean that you're no longer black listed with them.

Message 7 of 13
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the prequal!  Sometimes knowing you have a solid shot with a bank (even if not guaranteed) feels just as good as getting a new account Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on the prequalification!

hopefully it does mean that you're no longer black listed with them.

Thank you! Yeah, that would be nice! 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

Congrats on the prequal!  Sometimes knowing you have a solid shot with a bank (even if not guaranteed) feels just as good as getting a new account Smiley Happy

Thank you! Yeah, it is definitely a better feeling knowing you have a better shot with the prequal. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.