Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SP CLI - not sure

tag
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Citi SP CLI - not sure

I have had the Citi AAdvantage for 13 months, having a soft pull cli over 6 months ago.  I also requested and received an APR reduction to 17.24% in April.  I called up the increase your cl which stated no credit report will be needed.  So I put in the info and asked for the same amount that the last increase was for.  Rather than an immediate approval, as I had with the previous cli, or even a decline, it stated they would get back to me.  I then received an email stating the same.  Anyone have the same issue with a sp cli with Citi?

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi SP CLI - not sure

I do mine online and it doesn't ask how much to go up by.  If you're not happy with the SP then another screen appears for the HP option where it does ask you for a specific CL you would like to go to.

Message 2 of 6
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

After I entered my income and housing cost, it asks what limit fo you want......you need to enter the total amount of the cl, not just the increase.  I don't remember selecting a limit for the first sp cli.  Seemed to me to be different this time. 

Didn't give me a hp option, just we will notify you.

FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SP version asks for Housing/Income only. 

The 3 box option is the HP option.

If you have your reports locked/frozen it could be the reason for the wait period to find out.  When I did the HP ask at the time of opening because Citi is stingy they hit EQ for the HP if you're keeping an eye out for one.

Message 4 of 6
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Strange....I was notified by Experian that Citi had requested my credit report.  This after I was to have a sp similar to the one I received previously.  Since all 3 are frozen, they were not able to hp.  I am sure that will be the reason in the letter I will receive in about a month (they are usually very slow).

FICO 9 EX 780
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There ya go!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.