Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Sears Credit Card Application

tag
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Citi Sears Credit Card Application

I am asking this question for my husband. He applied today for the Citi Sears Store Card and got the message 

"We have received your application and will need to process it further. We will contact you with our decision within 2 weeks via email if you agreed to receive communication electronically and provided an email address. If you did not agree to receive communication electronically and an email address was not provided, we will contact you via U.S. Mail." Has anyone has experienced this even if it's not specifically for the Sears card and gotten approval with this message. Or is this message denial? Any help appreciated

>
Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Sears Credit Card Application

That sounds like denial to me.  It could be verification but i doubt it. Hope its the latterSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck and let us know what happens

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 6
Rudy1
Established Contributor

He was denied strange reason though it was Excessive number of open account kind of annoying because he wanted to product change the ShopYourWay Card to the Citi TYP Sears Card. Is there recon for this card I feel like this is a ridiculous reason.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Rudy1 wrote:

He was denied strange reason though it was Excessive number of open account kind of annoying because he wanted to product change the ShopYourWay Card to the Citi TYP Sears Card. Is there recon for this card I feel like this is a ridiculous reason.

Have you confirmed that Citi has resumed allowing that particular product change again?

Citi allows for recons but I don't have a number for their Retail Services group which handles the Sears portfolio.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Keep in mind a product change is never guaranteed. Citi only offers the Shop Your Way version for new apps. Since they do not allow apps for the ThankYou version, they seemingly do not want to offer it, so product changes could become unavailable at any point and you're stuck with the SYW card.

As far as recon Citi does generally recon (although results are mixed at best) although I am not sure as far as the retail cards. There's a Citi recon number on the backdoor numbers thread you could try.

The denial is something I have not seen a ton of before but I suspect we will start to see "excessive open accounts" or "too much available credit" type thing more often as lenders crack down. It's not really ridiculous IMO, the bank wants you to use their card and if you have a dozen other cards you are unlikely to use theirs enough that it makes sense for them to give it to you. Don't have to like it but it makes sense.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.