Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou® Premier Card denied.

tag
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou® Premier Card denied.

@Anonymous wrote:

I needed to increase my credit score. Just got the rejection mail, It says I have a limited credit history. I will try calling  them tomorrow for recon 

With a limited history and 5 inquiries in such a short period, I think you reached your credit summit with the Hilton card. I would have stopped there and gardened with those three cards to bring your AAoA up to 1 year. Your Premier card app sent up red flags with Citi. If you go ahead with the recon, Citi will most likely just do another hard pull (and hopefully not a double pull) on your report. That will be six inquiries you'll have until 2020. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 11 of 16
Lemark
Contributor

All the best. It can be difficult reconing because sometimes it depends on who you speak with but do you best to convince them even asking for a lower limit which you can apply for increase on after 6 months. I got denied for Citi DC 2 years ago called twice got 1K limit and not its at 6K and in October asking for increase again. All the best again

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemark wrote:

All the best. It can be difficult reconing because sometimes it depends on who you speak with but do you best to convince them even asking for a lower limit which you can apply for increase on after 6 months. I got denied for Citi DC 2 years ago called twice got 1K limit and not its at 6K and in October asking for increase again. All the best again

thanks. I have really busy the past week, I will call them tomorrow and see how it goes. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Called them last Monday and they told me my credit History was not showing, and that they typically want to see at least a year of credit history.

atleast I didnt get a second HP Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As would be expected OP. But, at least this confirms what you need to work on to optimize those chances the next time you consider applying for this CC.
Message 15 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Citi doesnt like a lot of new accounts at once. Recon would almost be guaranteed HP, along with sorry... you need time in the garden. Good cards to grow. Wait until they have matured a year.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.