Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Wayfair CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Wayfair CLI

Well shoot, this is not what I expected. I opened a new Citi Wayfair CC around 11/20 for $3K. My original card closed under Comenity Bank like everyone else. (never used it.). I decided to try the CLI button thinking it would be a soft pull. NOPE. I was instantly approved $9K. After doing so, I rushed and updated all locks/ freezes right away for each CRA. The next day even with my EQ freeze I got a notification there was hard inquiry. Wouldn't this happen the same day as the CLI request? I'm disputing it now or will try and see if they can use the pull for the Citi Double Rewards card in which I would actually use. (Citicards and Citi Wayfair (retail section) are two seperate departments.. so not likely.) Uggh, that feeling you get, though, when you burn a pull for really nothing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Wayfair CLI

Congratulations on your approval or CLI!?

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes a freeze may not have taken effect as quickly as expected.  That said, it's pretty typical for most Citi Retail (non-core) CCs to HP for any CLI requests.  So, if requesting a CLI, you're providing permissible purpose for the request.

And, correct, Citi Retail is a separate division from Citi legacy, so that HP cannot be repurposed for the Double Cash CC.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

It doesn't sound like the OP was approved for the CLI, but the account itself was for $9K.  Perhaps @Anonymous can clarify.

Message 4 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

It doesn't sound like the OP was approved for the CLI, but the account itself was for $9K.  Perhaps @Anonymous can clarify.

Duly noted. IIRC submit first, make corrections later. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.