cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash back mc shows no love today.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Citi double cash back mc shows no love today.

Ok I have a Citi Double cash back mc with a 15.6 credit limit since 2015 that started out with a cl of 4,400. My fico scores are over 800 Today my Wells fargo Fico 9 score by experian went up by 5 points now stands at 817 and been in the garden since last day of August 2019 when I applied for the Apple gs card and the US bank cash visa card. It has been since 6 months and one day from my last cli from Citi which was 2K , have not put much spend on card have balance of 20 dollars I will put couple of hundred spend on the card will not let card report. Will try again in month or two and report the reason when I 7 to 10 day letter.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi double cash back mc shows no love today.

At least you have gotten luv on itSmiley Wink. Many of us do not and 15k is a stellar limit for this card imo. 

Message 2 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Just note this Citi Double cash back MC started out as a regular Mastercard with a 21 months no intrest, last year did a product change to the Double cash back card.

Message 3 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Ok I have a Citi Double cash back mc with a 15.6 credit limit since 2015 that started out with a cl of 4,400. My fico scores are over 800 Today my Wells fargo Fico 9 score by experian went up by 5 points now stands at 817 and been in the garden since last day of August 2019 when I applied for the Apple gs card and the US bank cash visa card. It has been since 6 months and one day from my last cli from Citi which was 2K , have not put much spend on card have balance of 20 dollars I will put couple of hundred spend on the card will not let card report. Will try again in month or two and report the reason when I 7 to 10 day letter.

Good luck next month !!

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 14
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

I got a denial as well. So with Citi, you can ask again before 6 months if it was a denial?

Message 5 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Yes you can apply again any time it is only 6 months from your last credit line increase. Please give spec such as your credit line fico scores and when was your last increase, and how long do you have the card.

Message 6 of 14
MunchieMom
Established Member

*15k?! Jealous Girl Here... LOL* I have a low limit double cash so I have to keep the utilization really low (use and pay immediately). I gave up on requesting a CLI (low end of the 700 club). Now, I just use it for my EZ Pass transponder tolls or farmer's market runs to keep some action on it until they show me some love... hahahaha!

Message 7 of 14
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Yes you can apply again any time it is only 6 months from your last credit line increase. Please give spec such as your credit line fico scores and when was your last increase, and how long do you have the card.

@firefox100 This is for a Dividend card that started life as a Diamond Preferred card. My fico on the Citi site is 812, the last increase was in Dec 19 and I have had the card since May 17.

Message 8 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Ok here is the up date from my Citi Double cash back credit line increase denial, things are changing and Citi has lost there minds. The seven to teen day letter came to day. They give two reason for the demial they say that they use scoring system and that I had to many inquiries second balance are to high on to many other accounts. They did soft pull from Transunion, I only have 2 inquiries on transunion the last inquirie was back in August of 2019 which was when I open the Apple mastercard by GS. I only have 3 accounts showing any balance wich are Discover balance of 4 dollars second Boa mastercard with a balance of 750 dollars on a 25K credit line, Third Uber visa card with 300 dollar balance on a credit line of 12K. My fico scores on Trans union are over 800. Is Citi bank using back doors to the other creditors and can see that I had high balance doing some part of cycle, or they using some kind of fico 10 memory. When I got last increase I had total high balance and also had same amount of inquiries. I am going to do an recon and see what happens. I thought that the reason would be not enough use of credit line.c

Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you do a recon that will be a HP..  Do you really use that full CL or even 1/10th of it at any given time?  If not i wouldn't bother, but if you believe you need more then recon you can do and it will be a HP vs. the SP they normally do for CLI's.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.