Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double rewards question

tag
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Citi double rewards question

About 10 years ago I was charged off by citi cards, is that how you say it? The negative fell off my reports years ago and Ive recently begun receiving offers to apply. I'm aware they target certain credit ranges and this does not mean they've forgotten the debt. How long do they keep records of debts and will they deny me if I attempt to apply? This debt is about 12 years old, 2k. Thanks credit gurus.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double rewards question

Citi definitely does blacklist. Everyone does does really, however some like Cap 1 get over it sooner, others carry a grudge for years.

Only way to know for sure is to app. Have you tried their pre-qual site?

Message 2 of 8
steelholder
Regular Contributor

I threw away the offer along with the code. I'll try that soon though, they're pretty persistent, it's a soft pull right?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you want consider Citi Costco instead of Double reward?  Citi Costco easier to get. It was based on my personal experinces. Burned Citi AA prior BK 2014.

Eventho maybe you never shop at Costco, you cant beat 4% back for gas and 3% back for Restaurant and Travel.

Thats only my 2 cents Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Thanks Aloha, does this card price match like the double rewards? That's what attracts me to that specific card.

Edit- A quick google search answered that for me, it appears all Citi cards have the price rewind feature, neat.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Citi bank has 2 divisions. Their legacy division ( double cash simplicity ) and their retail division ( BestBuy Costco ) If you burnt one division,

it will be easier to get approved in the other division. Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Citi bank has 2 divisions. Their legacy division ( double cash simplicity ) and their retail division ( BestBuy Costco ) If you burnt one division,

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Costco is considered a legacy card as well (like the AAdvantage cards). 

Retail would be BestBuy, Sears, etc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Costco is considered a legacy card as well (like the AAdvantage cards). 

Retail would be BestBuy, Sears, etc.

Interesting...... I would like to know more about this too. Citi Costco is showing up on Citi website with Double Cash, AA and other Legacy cards together.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.