Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi, um, CLI

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Citi, um, CLI

So, I was on the Citi site today and saw the luv button for the first time since getting the card. Decided to click it and see what happens. They offered to increase my CL from $3000 to $3500. Smiley Surprised That's gonna be a hard pass. I want to call them to discuss. The number that looks most relevant is 605-331-1698. Is this the proper number for me to call?

Thanks

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Re: Citi, um, CLI

@Junejer wrote:

So, I was on the Citi site today and saw the luv button for the first time since getting the card. Decided to click it and see what happens. They offered to increase my CL from $3000 to $3500. Smiley Surprised That's gonna be a hard pass. I want to call them to discuss. The number that looks most relevant is 605-331-1698. Is this the proper number for me to call?

Thanks

Is hitting the luv button for Citi a hard or soft pull? I was under the impression CLIs for Citi was a HP?

SD - Biz -
Message 2 of 12
difringe
Established Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

Thanks

Is hitting the luv button for Citi a hard or soft pull? I was under the impression CLIs for Citi was a HP?

it depends on the verbiage you see after clicking the button, below is soft pull verbiage

citi verbiage.jpg

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@unsungivy wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

Thanks

If the account is eligible, there will be a disclaimer that will indicate SP (as noted in the example upthread)

If the CLI does not meet the needs of an individual, one can ask for more, but it will be HP.

@Junejer-- just beware that if you call and ask for anything higher than what was offered will be processed as a HP.

Message 4 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

It was a SP, but ! Citi.

The card doesn't get a lot of usage, but it will get even less going forward. It and Cap1 Venture1 can make little plastic babies in my SD.

EX FICO 8 is over 100 points higher than it was when the card was issued...thought that might matter for something.

Message 5 of 12
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

I usually call,  get an automated message, and it's a soft pull.   

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card. 

I often put higher higher usage the month or two before, and pay in full.... my increases have not been great.....  but usually around $1,500...
which provides a slow and steady growh.

Message 6 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@FishingGuy wrote:

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card. 

I often put higher higher usage the month or two before, and pay in full.... my increases have not been great.....  but usually around $1,500...

Haven't asked for or been given a CLI with them in the two years I've had the card. This is not a huge priority. I'll focus on obtaining CSP (can't justify the $550 AF on the CSR), Ink Business Unlimited and CLI on SWPC and Disco.

Message 7 of 12
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@FishingGuy wrote:

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card

The part bolded above is not correct. The opposite is true. I have two Citi cards and each of them get a CLI every 180 days. The cyles are about two months apart, so the time between my Citi CLIs is basically: 2 months, 4 months, 2 months, 4 months...

Message 8 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@FishingGuy wrote:

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card

The part bolded above is not correct. The opposite is true. I have two Citi cards and each of them get a CLI every 180 days. The cyles are about two months apart, so the time between my Citi CLIs is basically: 2 months, 4 months, 2 months, 4 months...

Maybe they're thinking of Amex rules??

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@FishingGuy wrote:

Haven't asked for or been given a CLI with them in the two years I've had the card. This is not a huge priority. I'll focus on obtaining CSP (can't justify the $550 AF on the CSR), Ink Business Unlimited and CLI on SWPC and Disco.

idk, I guess if it's not a priority, getting the SP $500 added sounds like a win? My multi-year experience with Discover SP CLI, at $500 each, eventually added up to something. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.