Citi, um, CLI

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi, um, CLI

@NRB525 wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@FishingGuy wrote:

I usually call,  get an automated message, and it's a soft pull.   

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card. 

I often put higher higher usage the month or two before, and pay in full.... my increases have not been great.....  but usually around $1,500...
which provides a slow and steady growh.

Haven't asked for or been given a CLI with them in the two years I've had the card. This is not a huge priority. I'll focus on obtaining CSP (can't justify the $550 AF on the CSR), Ink Business Unlimited and CLI on SWPC and Disco.

idk, I guess if it's not a priority, getting the SP $500 added sounds like a win? My multi-year experience with Discover SP CLI, at $500 each, eventually added up to something. 

It certainly is their prerogative on how they want to handle their relationships. My average CL, excluding Citi, is $19,867. I find $3,500 to be quite a bit out of line with that and not worth my effort to try to grow it. I have a much better chance of getting the CSP with $15K+ SL and getting decent CLI on the other cards in my wallet.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
micvite
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi, um, CLI

@Junejer wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@FishingGuy wrote:

I usually call,  get an automated message, and it's a soft pull.   

I believe you are eligible for a credit line increase every six months,  but that is one for all Citi credit card accounts not one increase per card. 

I often put higher higher usage the month or two before, and pay in full.... my increases have not been great.....  but usually around $1,500...
which provides a slow and steady growh.

Haven't asked for or been given a CLI with them in the two years I've had the card. This is not a huge priority. I'll focus on obtaining CSP (can't justify the $550 AF on the CSR), Ink Business Unlimited and CLI on SWPC and Disco.

idk, I guess if it's not a priority, getting the SP $500 added sounds like a win? My multi-year experience with Discover SP CLI, at $500 each, eventually added up to something. 

It certainly is their prerogative on how they want to handle their relationships. My average CL, excluding Citi, is $19,867. I find $3,500 to be quite a bit out of line with that and not worth my effort to try to grow it. I have a much better chance of getting the CSP with $15K+ SL and getting decent CLI on the other cards in my wallet.

Not to be disrespectful, but look at it from their perspective: you said you barely use the card, so what (Mod cut/edit - the FSR policy and TOS User Guidelines are not optional) do you need more credit on it for? Everyone says citi and cap 1 only give little cli's, which I have experienced as well, but I put heavy spend on them for 3-4 months and was able to double my citi from 4k-8k with 1 CLI running around 6-8k a month on the card. and triple my cap 1 from 1100-3200 by running around 2k a month on it. (this is just 1 increase, while before citi wouldnt grant me one and cap 1 gave me a 100$ increase) the way I see it now is: if you don't use it, you don't need it. basically what amex does with their charge cards as well. now not every bank is like that, but from what I can see is most are... even with disco, if you get an increase they won't give you another one until you've shown them you use that up on a month to month basis. 

Edit: just did a CLI for my amex BCED, from 1k-3k, denied for not enough spending. Just goes to prove what I just talked about. 

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.