Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank 7-10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank 7-10 day message

Score isn't everything but, really low would be sub 630.  Search out the approvals for citi and see where you might come in at.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=citi%20simplicity&l...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Double-Cash/m-p/5674072 -- 10K+ with a 676

Message 11 of 25
Jaxson59

Well, darn it! Now you have me thinking. I will ponder for a bit and decide. It will be today though. I will update here.

Thanks for those links.

I do have one question though - is Experian scoring differently than the other two? It's always lower and when it does move up, it's Glacier slow.
Message 12 of 25
Jaxson59

Well, it was turned down for too many inquiries (5 in last 6 months....9 in 2 years). My score was actually 709....my Experian UPDATED right after the pull. Last updated on 7/17.

Bummer....should I call recon is Citi firm in their decision?
Message 13 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jaxson59 wrote:
I haven't contacted them yet. I didn't unfreeze Ex because my score is so low. I don't have anything bad (1 medical collection from 6 years ago). I have a Discover with a CL of $8500. 26% utilization among all cards. I don't think I'm on a blacklist but perhaps I will call them tomorrow....leaving the house soon. Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome

When applying for any credit, make sure all reports are unfrozen!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Giving them a call won't hurt at all.  It might get approved if they have some questions.  5/6 isn't bad as their rule is 6/6 so, you're on the edge of approval.

It's mostly automated but, if the front line rep doesn't seem interested just ask for a supervisor and see if they can overturn things to an approval.

Message 15 of 25
Jaxson59

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will do just that later today and post results here.
Message 16 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jaxson59 wrote:
Well, it was turned down for too many inquiries (5 in last 6 months....9 in 2 years). My score was actually 709....my Experian UPDATED right after the pull. Last updated on 7/17.

Bummer....should I call recon is Citi firm in their decision?

Hi and welcome to the forums 

You can certainly call them and see if they will reconsider  their decision. 

The other option you have is to stop applying. Usually a denial is a clear message, regardless on who the lender is. 

Out of your 5 inquiries, how many have resulted in new accounts?

One other thing, just because someone else got approved with a similar or lower score, it does not mean another person with similar score will be. It's what on your report that actually matters, not the numerical representation of the report. 

You said you have short credit history. You already have a collection on your report . You mention not having a late, but late is a joke compared to collection account. 

Is it paid collection and how old is it? 

Message 17 of 25
Jaxson59

My collection is a medical collection from 2013. It should fall off soon. I did call for recon and got a no. I asked her how long they go back inquiry-wise and she wouldn't say....said it would compromise their scoring system.

I will stop for awhile. Just got a little ahead of myself.

Thanks for all the input! It was gladly accepted.
Message 18 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jaxson59 wrote:
My collection is a medical collection from 2013. It should fall off soon. I did call for recon and got a no. I asked her how long they go back inquiry-wise and she wouldn't say....said it would compromise their scoring system.

I will stop for awhile. Just got a little ahead of myself.

Thanks for all the input! It was gladly accepted.

Just give yourself some time. It will happen. New accounts and inquires are the new bad words lol 

I would say 6 months of clean living from last HP/ new account and you should have a good chance 

Good luck! 

Message 19 of 25
Jaxson59

Update: I applied again today for the Citi Double Cash and got approved for $2500. I got the 7-10 day message so I called. They just wanted to verify my address. I was hoping for a higher CL, but am happy to get in the door. They pulled Experian which was 683. My Equifax is 726 so maybe they will SP EQ for CLI in the future.

Just a note here: I pre-qualed for B B &T this week and they approved me for their Spectrum Rewards card on a SP only! My starting CL is $2500. I wasn't even aware you could get a credit card without a HP.

Anyway, I'm done for awhile. Let my scores rest and grow.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.