Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Custom Cash pre qual worth the pull

tag
PalmerNoDrama
Established Member

Citibank Custom Cash pre qual worth the pull

Got Citibank Custom Cash pre qual in the mail with 15 month zero rate. I dont have a citibank but since I am building back credit I was wondering if I should take a shot at it-

My only worry is I have opened 2 AMEX (1k each), Apple card (1500), FNBO (3800) and Discover (7k) in the last 6 months. I had the intention of just gardening these news one till mid next yr-

What do you think-

Experian score 660

Road to $100k CL
Currently 36K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank Custom Cash pre qual worth the pull

Don't apply with Citi until you are 0/6 is my best advice.

3/3/24
Message 2 of 6
PalmerNoDrama
Established Member

thanks!!!

Road to $100k CL
Currently 36K
Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The prequal would have been based upon a quick review of a point-in-time snapshot of your credit profile.  There's no way of knowing exactly what that point in time was, but you can assume it was roughly from around 2 months ago. 

If

a) all 3 of those cards started reporting at least 3 months ago, and 

b) there haven't been any other significant changes in your report like for example a new installment loan or big jump in utilization on your current cards

you can consider taking a shot at the Custom Cash.   If the cards were all reporting 3 months ago they all would have been factored in as part of the evaluation of your credit report.   Otherwise, you're probably better off not applying.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
PalmerNoDrama
Established Member

thanks- I think I am going to wait it out-

I do have two store cards issued by Citibank- they are both zero balance and SL of 6500 combined - I think they why I might have gotten the pre qual

Road to $100k CL
Currently 36K
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PalmerNoDrama wrote:

thanks- I think I am going to wait it out-

I do have two store cards issued by Citibank- they are both zero balance and SL of 6500 combined - I think they why I might have gotten the pre qual

An item to keep in mind, the pre-selected offer (not prequal) is typically not based on existing relationships with Citi Retail products. They're a separately-managed division altogether. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.