Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank DP and PP 2%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank DP and PP 2%

So my credit a year and a half ago was at 490. Paid off some old debt but still has hospital Bill's hitting my equifax pretty hard. Started building with my BOA CASH rewards card, then decided to get a creditone card (yes, I still have this awful card.) Right now my EQ (588) TU (701) and my EXP (719). Utilization is at 65% ATM.

Just got my first major CL through Discover IT, approved for a $4,000 on a HP with Exp. Was afraid at first, but it worked out. So after it reports my Uti will be at 7%

Now I got invitations to Citi DP and PayPal MC 2%. I'm going for a lease through TFS next week, first try at a new car! What are my chances at applying for these cards seeing as my Equifax has those hospital Bill's on them? My Pay Off Date is January 19th, been working on it, but still a trip.

Do they pull Equifax, All 3, or would they pull one of the others I look good in? If I do apply, would it effect my chances at the financing for the lease, should I wait until after?

New to this whole game, so bare with the questions. I'm anxious at the journey so far. Would love the Citibank DP so I could drop this horrible creditone card haha.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Citibank DP and PP 2%

Synchrony pulls TU 90% of the time and EX 10% so you should be ok

Dont know about Citi but I think they are an EX puller

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they pull Equifax, All 3, or would they pull one of the others I look good in? If I do apply, would it effect my chances at the financing for the lease, should I wait until after?

Remember that CCCs while they may only HP one bureau at the time of an application can easily SP the other 2.  It's always a best practice to assume that they're going to see all 3 of your credit reports.  For example, Amex is known to always pull EX.  Many people however report that in addition to their EX HP, they can see a SP (or two) from the other bureau(s) at the time of the application.

Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would definitely hold off on applying for cards until after you get your car situation squared away. 

If you still want to try for a card AFTER the car, I would suggest going for the PP MC. Most likely a TU pull, although anything is possible. Sync also tends to be less strict than Citi. This is just my opinion though. 

Good luck and enjoy the new car! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was thinking that should be my best case scenario. Discover pulls Experian and TFS thankfully uses Experian here for approvals, dealer did a soft pull and believes I shouldnt have a thing to worry about, my exp auto8 is at a 690 Smiley Happy

Thanks for the helpful advice all, felt great moving up with Discover and looking forward to ditching the scam card haha. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember that CCCs while they may only HP one bureau at the time of an application can easily SP the other 2.  It's always a best practice to assume that they're going to see all 3 of your credit reports.  For example, Amex is known to always pull EX.  Many people however report that in addition to their EX HP, they can see a SP (or two) from the other bureau(s) at the time of the application.

+1

as always Great DP's, you beat me too it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Synchrony pulls TU 90% of the time and EX 10% so you should be ok

Dont know about Citi but I think they are an EX puller

Good luck

Citi pulled TU 2 weeks ago for my Citi AAdvantage.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on how confident you are about getting out of the dealership with 1-2 hard pulls. If you’re not, go for the cards first. CC lending is much stricter than auto lending. Auto lenders don’t care about inquiries. If you come out of the dealership with a shotgun those preapprovals can easily turn into 7-10 day notices. Yes, they will/can if coded correctly count as one inquire, for scoring...but CC companies pull your raw data not just scores. I just went through this myself.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.