Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash - Denied

tag
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Citibank Double Cash - Denied

First off, happy New Years everyone. Hope everyone has a prosperous 2019.

My Ch 7 BK was discharged in April of 2012. I applied for the Citibank DC card a few days ago and got a denied automatically. My scores are all 700+ with cards from barclays, Bank of America, target, capital one, mercury. called in the backdoor number and they still denied me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Citibank Double Cash - Denied

@mrjerry wrote:
First off, happy New Years everyone. Hope everyone has a prosperous 2019.

My BK was discharged in April of 2012. I applied for the Citibank DC card a few days ago and got a denied automatically. My scores are all 700+ with cards from barclays, Bank of America, target, capital one, mercury. called in the backdoor number and they still denied me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you burn Citi or any of its affiliates in your BK?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

No
Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn’t Citi one of those lenders that is extremely unlikely to give you a card until your BK is off your report? Especially the DC?

Message 4 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

I’ve done some research and people state getting approved post 7 yr after discharge.
Message 5 of 44
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Welcome to My Fico! welcomewave (1).gif

Sorry about the denial..

A few Qs: What is your current uti on your cards? How many inqs in the last 12 months? How many new cards in the last 6 months?

You'll get a letter and Citi will give their reason. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed sooner rather than later.

CHEERS

Message 6 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

My UTI is 6%. 3 inquiries last 12 months. 1 new card last 6 months.
Message 7 of 44
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@mrjerry wrote:
My UTI is 6%. 3 inquiries last 12 months. 1 new card last 6 months.

Wow.. 

I got nothing then.

Best guess is the BK but until you get the letter, there's no way to know for sure..

Sorry.  Did you by chance include any cobranded citi card in the BK? 

ETA: I think the DC is one of their top tier cards so tougher UW, Perhaps you should have started with a Simplicity or Costco Citi.

Did you try their prequal link? 

Message 8 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

No, i didnt burn any Cobranded Citibank companies. in my BK it was mainly Amex and Bank of America. 

Message 9 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

I literally just tried the prequal link right now and it tells me the DC card, Simplicity card, and Premier Card.. 

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.