Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash - Denied

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank Double Cash - Denied

@mrjerry wrote:

I literally just tried the prequal link right now and it tells me the DC card, Simplicity card, and Premier Card.. 

Ok so that leads me back to the BK.

Your score is good for them but something they would only see on a HP is why you were denied.

The prequal is a SP and would'nt include the BK.

Again, just my opinion but you'll know when the letter comes. 

Message 11 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

should i call again after the holidays and speak to another Credit Analyst ? 

Message 12 of 44
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@mrjerry wrote:

should i call again after the holidays and speak to another Credit Analyst ? 

It certainly can't hurt. 

You can also call the EO's office and see what they say. They can have UW review it again.

Best of Luck!!!

Message 13 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

thanks, will update after Jan 2nd. 

Happy New years Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 44
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow OP

I’m with @pickaboo—kind of scratching my head.

But I do have one question. Since your BK, have you even had 1 late payment, 1 returned check, or 1 collection popup out of the blue? Any of these scenarios would create a problem.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 44
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Don’t feel bad about it. Lenders/banks are weird LOL. BofA is like that for me. No matter what they refuse to let me in, whereas Citi let me have my DC at a time when I should have been denied hands-down. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 16 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Since my BK, ive never had any negatives. ill try calling in and speaking to another analyst.. 

Message 17 of 44
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

Just some more info for you, I was approved for Citi Premier then Costco 6 months later with an unpaid collection from Citi still showing on reports. It fell off a few months later but it was on there at time. I'm not sure if an unpaid collection is not looked as bad but I was still suprised since my scores were all hovering 680 at the time.
Message 18 of 44
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

For what it's worth OP, my BK13 is still alive and well on my EQ report which is the only report Citi ever pulls for me.  Even with it being on my report I've been approved for the Best Buy store card turned Best Buy Visa, Double Cash, AAdvantage, Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, and Citi Premier.  Limits range from lowest being $7.3k on Double Cash to $19.9k on AAdavantage...the rest fall somwehere in between.  I just mentioned in another post that today I actually when in and hit the button on all except Best Buy (that one is always an HP) and was given $1k each across them all.  

As far as approvals, had to call in once for verification (AAdvantage), the Best Buy was approved in store, and the others were instant approvals.  I've never had issues with Citi and I even burned them in my BK13 with a Home Depot card.  Also want to note that I have NO banking relationship with them either.  

Definitely consider myself lucky...

Message 19 of 44
sjt
Senior Contributor

OP- Did they tell you the reason for denial?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.