Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash - Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Double Cash - Denied

How did your bestbuy store card get converted to the visa? I’ve had the store card for 7 years, just recently asked for a huge CLI increase and got it but I’ve never been offered that upgrade. Also when you got it was it treated as a new card resetting your account age? 🤓

Message 21 of 44
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@mrjerry wrote:
I’ve done some research and people state getting approved post 7 yr after discharge.

This reflects my personal experience. I was denied a DC at just under 7 yrs post BK7 in Feb 2018. Recon failed too because of BK.

A few months later (Aug 2018), I got auto-approved for a Costco Business card. 4 months after that (Dec 2018), another auto-approval for the AAdvantage Business card. No banking relationship with Citi. Burned them on store cards or maybe co-branded cards (I can't quite remember anymore). My scores have been in the mid 750's for a long time now. UTIL doesn't go above 5%, and I have a pretty decent income. Whenever I try to find prequals on their site, I still get nothing.

Of course, everything in credit is YEMV, but you're still under 7 yrs post BK. If recon fails (hope not), give it a shot again after the 7 yr mark.

Message 22 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Citibank credit analyst mentioned my BK for reason of denial. My ch7 BK is post 7 year now.

Message 23 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

I’m calling the EO number from the backdoor number page.. is this correc? Or is there another number I should try?

Citi EO for the Citi Cards division: 605-331-1698 (Open at 9AM CST) ~popamode72
Message 24 of 44
sjt
Senior Contributor

Is your Chp 13 completed and finalized. If not, that could be the reason for the denial.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 25 of 44
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@mrjerry wrote:
Citibank credit analyst mentioned my BK for reason of denial. My ch13 BK is post 7.5 year now.

But in your first post, you said the BK was discharged in April 2012. 7 years would be this coming April 2019.

Also, I'm no expert in BKs but shouldn't a BK13 drop after 7 years or less with EE? If you're that close, I'd wait till it falls off and apply with a clean file.

Message 26 of 44
sjt
Senior Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@mrjerry wrote:
Citibank credit analyst mentioned my BK for reason of denial. My ch13 BK is post 7.5 year now.

But in your first post, you said the BK was discharged in April 2012. 7 years would be this coming April 2019.

Also, I'm no expert in BKs but shouldn't a BK13 drop after 7 years or less with EE? If you're that close, I'd wait till it falls off and apply with a clean file.

From my understanding Chp 13 falls off after 7 years if it has been completed and finalized. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 44
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How did your bestbuy store card get converted to the visa? I’ve had the store card for 7 years, just recently asked for a huge CLI increase and got it but I’ve never been offered that upgrade. Also when you got it was it treated as a new card resetting your account age? 🤓

@Anonymous  I had the store card for a couple of years and then one day I received a notice that it was being changed over to the Visa.  I had a certain window to opt out if I didn't want it.  At the time my card was converted I believe the limit was $2k or $2.5k.   Received the new Best Buy Visa, took an HP to get it up to $10k and that's where it'll forever sit unless I get an auto CLI because I certaintly won't take another HP for it.

As for the status on my report...all the old history followed...no new account reported.  

Message 28 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Newbie error.. I have a Ch 7...
Message 29 of 44
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@mrjerry wrote:
Newbie error.. I have a Ch 7...

Ok. And how about the timeline? 7 yrs would be this coming April still based on your first post.

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.