Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Double Cash - Denied

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank Double Cash - Denied

OP, considering it's a CH7, I would think reconsideration may be out of the question for now given the timeframe. You're welcome to roll the dice though.
Message 31 of 44
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

UPDATE: I called citi bank and they mentioned that when they pulled my Equifax, they couldn’t see any information and needed me to contact the bureau to get the credit file and email to them. I have done that yesterday, will update once I call in today or tomorrow.
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang it! I wonder why they didn’t do that with mine 🤔 Also wondering if they would do it now with a soft pull or no pull. I do have a much lower interest rate than what is offered now since I got the account so long ago so maybe it wouldn’t be best. I asked about lowering my rate when I got my CLI and she said the rate offered now is much higher than what I already have.

Message 33 of 44
keny01998
Established Member

Citi bank do not approve any of their prime cards if you have BK7 or 13 on your reports. The computer will automatically reject your application after it run the report. Analyst can't do anything even when you call in. Info from my friend who works for Citi Bank.

Message 34 of 44
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@keny01998 wrote:

Citi bank do not approve any of their prime cards if you have BK7 or 13 on your reports. The computer will automatically reject your application after it run the report. Analyst can't do anything even when you call in. Info from my friend who works for Citi Bank.

Citi Aadvantage WEMC though co-branded in my opinion is still one of their prime cards and I got approved for one 7 yr post BK7 and they’re IIB. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-AAdvantage-Finally-in-after-citi-IIB-BK7...

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 35 of 44
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

@keny01998 wrote:

Citi Aadvantage WEMC though co-branded in my opinion is still one of their prime cards and I got approved for one 7 yr post BK7 and they’re IIB. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-AAdvantage-Finally-in-after-citi-IIB-BK7...

Yes, I also got the AA and Costco cards after 7 yrs, but maybe that applies to their core cards like DC, Premier, Prestige, etc.?

The co-branded cards may have a lower UW standard since there's push from the partners to get people approved. Who knows... 

Message 36 of 44
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

@keny01998 wrote:

Yes, I also got the AA and Costco cards after 7 yrs, but maybe that applies to their core cards like DC, Premier, Prestige, etc.?

The co-branded cards may have a lower UW standard since there's push from the partners to get people approved. Who knows... 

You might have a point as far as the UW standard for their core or legacy cards in terms of approval though there’s not enough DP (if there’s even one) to substantiate it? Though just a little DP on the side, I just spoke with their CSR last Friday and asked about PC’ing my Aadvantage to DC and they told me to call back next month after my 1 yr card anniversary and they’d gladly do it. So easy route might be thru co-branded then PC after 1 year if such a case exist and the CSR not lying/mistaken?  

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 37 of 44
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe i got approved for the Dc with my bk still showing, though to be fair was probably 9 years post.
Message 38 of 44
sjt
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I believe i got approved for the Dc with my bk still showing, though to be fair was probably 9 years post.

Was Citi included?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought about the PayPal MC? Unlike the DC it’s actually 2% (DC is lower than 2% because you only get 1% until you pay so you always have cash back owed to you if you use it for general spend) and Sync is far less picky than Citi. 

Not a card you want to carry a balance on with the high interest but if you want to churn 2% cash back, it’s great. It’s seriously weighing on my mind right now as I try to garden...

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.